David Jones Amex relaunch

• Thread starter Deleted member 18152
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 18152

The refresh of the David Jones Amex card goes live today.

Positive Changes:
-Joins Membership Rewards Ascent equivalent (excludes Qantas transfers, separate MR account made for all cardholders)
-Pay your bill with points
-3 points per dollar at all major gas and grocery outlets
-2 points per dollar instore

Negative changes:
-1 point per dollar everyday spending (from 1.5 points per dollar)
-Interest free days now 44 (was 56)
-Generous sign up offers to be discontinued (ie. upto 27,000 bonus points)

So basically for every dollar you spend at Coles, Woolworths, Shell, BP, Caltex (etc) you will earn

3 Virgin Velocity, Virgin Flying Club or Singapore Krisflyer points
2.25 Thai Royal Orchid, Malaysia Enrich or Cathay Asia Miles points
.9 SPG points

Pretty good deal for $99 a year!

The refresh of the David Jones Amex card goes live today.

Positive Changes:
-Joins Membership Rewards Ascent equivalent (excludes Qantas transfers, separate MR account made for all cardholders)
-Pay your bill with points
-3 points per dollar at all major gas and grocery outlets
-2 points per dollar instore

Negative changes:
-1 point per dollar everyday spending (from 1.5 points per dollar)
-Interest free days now 44 (was 56)
-Generous sign up offers to be discontinued (ie. upto 27,000 bonus points)

Looks similar in points earning to the new AMEX Platinum Edge card.

So basically for every dollar you spend at Coles, Woolworths, Shell, BP, Caltex (etc) you will earn

.9 SPG points

Though with similar earns you can for $149 also get a flight and 20,000 points.

And I just redeemed some gift cards.
Could have sent those points to a FF program. :evil:

.9 SPG points

I think it's only 1.5 Velocity points per $ spent at supermarkets/petrol stations as the redemption rate is 2 MR points to 1 Velocity point. David Jones - Membership Rewards | TRAVEL REWARDS

American Express seem to be going through all their cards at the moment. As for this card, it does improve the value proposition a little. As a David Jones store card holder, and separately an Amex card holder, there is still no compelling reason to move off the store card (which is in the process of delaminating itself).

Hmmm... my BP purchase on 12 Oct only earned 1.5 points rather than 3.

[Edit] Looks like I posted too early. Got letter in the mail saying the changes will automatically take effect from 15 November.

Last edited:
kyle you can call up 24 hours a day and switch over to the new system... it just means you will loose the 1.5 points on everyday spending and 55 days interest free now instead of 15 nov.

kyle you can call up 24 hours a day and switch over to the new system... it just means you will loose the 1.5 points on everyday spending and 55 days interest free now instead of 15 nov.

I see. Thanks. I think I'll switch because I want to get my points into SPG

Wooooo .99 SPG points and 2.5 (yes, 2.5) QFF points per dollar on fuel at Woolworths :D But if you ask me how I will have to kill you :p

I only have this card so I can get 4 yrs interest free at dj's, but the ability to transfer to SPG is good and the transfer rate seems the same as platinum edge, but when you get into the fine print, the transfer rates to airlines seems to be at a rate of 50% compared to platinum edge and other similar cards, so I'll just be transferring my points to SPG and doing the majority on the platinum edge card when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back