Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Dark mode theme

A dark theme that can be set as an option in a few different ways.
  • Always on - have a dark aff theme always on for those who prefer a dark background
  • Set during night hours - dark aff theme turns on during sunset and sunrise
  • User set times - dark theme during users preferred hours ie 8pm to 6am

cheers

Last edited:

CaptainCurtis

• Always on - have a dark aff theme always on for those who prefer a dark background
  • Set during night night hours - dark aff theme turns on during sunset and sunrise

cheers
Great idea!

Slightly off-topic, but something that irritates me about the new layout is that the 'Preview' button is in a darker blue than the 'Post Reply' button. Our eyes are naturally trained to find the darker colour first, so I would think it makes sense for 'Post Reply' to be the darker colour (given it will be used more).

VPS

Established Member
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
and was the post reply previously at the far right or is that just me - I keep pressing preview instead of Post Reply

support

Established Member
Administrator
and was the post reply previously at the far right or is that just me - I keep pressing preview instead of Post Reply
They are switched.

However the changes coming in a month will solve this for you, if it hasn't stuck for you by then anyway.
Slightly off-topic, but something that irritates me about the new layout is that the 'Preview' button is in a darker blue than the 'Post Reply' button. Our eyes are naturally trained to find the darker colour first, so I would think it makes sense for 'Post Reply' to be the darker colour (given it will be used more).
As above, changes that are coming to the main forum software will solve this, but we need to go through a stepped process.

Himeno

Established Member
  • Set during night hours - dark aff theme turns on during sunset and sunrise

cheers
No. Only if an option of "Never on" is included.
I do not understand why this "dark mode" thing is even popular. It is impossible for me to look at light text on dark background for more then a few minutes without it causing a migraine.
"Dark mode" will cause a debilitatingly painful experience 100% of the time within minutes.

support

Established Member
Administrator
@jbman @CaptainCurtis @Himeno I have been slowly testing two new styles that I will need some input on at some stage. One is a dark mode in the truest sense, where the text is light and the backgrounds are dark. The other is sort of a cross between the dark and light style that is currently the default, but aimed to be more dark text on light backgrounds, though perhaps not as light as currently.

Hopefully I can count on your input to get them to prime time.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

CaptainCurtis

@jbman @CaptainCurtis @Himeno I have been slowly testing two new styles that I will need some input on at some stage. One is a dark mode in the truest sense, where the text is light and the backgrounds are dark. The other is sort of a cross between the dark and light style that is currently the default, but aimed to be more dark text on light backgrounds, though perhaps not as light as currently.

Hopefully I can count on your input to get them to prime time.
Happy to help!

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytravlution