CX Marco Polo Club Q

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Limewood, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Limewood

Limewood Established Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Cairns
    Off to Asia twice in next 6 months thinking of joining Marco Polo Club for $50 as I'll be flying with Cathay Pacific, with the basic membership I only get Lounge access redemption, what does this mean?.

Or is there any other way to use their airport club lounges without joining their MPC?.

I am QFF member but that meant nothing to CX MPC last time I was there.

2. Alan in CBR

Alan in CBR Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Canberra ACT
    #2 Alan in CBR, Sep 29, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
    Joining the Marco Polo Club will not in itself give you lounge access - you need to be Silver or above. See: Cathay Pacific - Frequent Flyers : The Marco Polo Club

You say you are a QFF member, but not what tier. Bronze or Silver will not get access to Cathay Pacific clubs, but Gold or Platinum will.

Edited to add: "Lounge access redemption" seems to be a way to use CX FF points to gain access to the Marco Polo lounges. Sorry, but I don't know anything more specific, although I did see a FlyerTalk thread which talked about redeeming 7000 miles to access the club at HKG.