Crew/Apec Line

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Chucksta, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Chucksta

Chucksta Active Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Australia
    Does having an ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card) let you use any special lines when coming through Immigration at airports in Australia or Overseas???

PPL pilots are required to have ASICs issued by CASA.

thanks

Chucksta

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Not that I am aware of. Having a new passport may allow you to use the e-passport lane , having an APEC Card to use the APEC lane and being Flight Crew to use the Crew lane.

Dave

3. Commuter

Commuter Active Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Chucksta, not that I know of, although that would be quite handy. Somehow I doubt they would do that though.

4. milehighclub

milehighclub Active Member

Feb 2, 2007
    ASIC's are not specifically for airline crew, they are for a wide range of positions including check-in staff and cleaners etc.

So having a ASIC card doesn't entitle you to use that lane as it's not an ASIC line - it is an aircrew line. However since you said pilots - that is aircrew so they would be entitled to use aircrew lines (provided they are in uniform and operating)

5. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map

Chucksta,

Remember MOST ASIC cards are airport specific so that would probably be an issue if you were away from home base.

Not all pilots are required to have ASIC cards and it depends upon their situation. All pilots are required to have an 'Aviation Identification' (AVID) or "Aviation Security Identification Card' (ASIC) and they are substantially different in what they allow you to do and where they allow you to go.
    Flight crew exams and licences - Photo licences & aviation security checks for Flight Crew

This being the case I can't see what use they'd be when in the Immigration line.

6. Alanslegal

Alanslegal Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Sydney
    my mate has an Apec card, it's a blue colour card with photo and on the back, prints out all the countries you have entered, so going back to those countries you would zooom right past everyone in their priority lines.........

7. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  8. Alanslegal

Alanslegal Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Sydney
  9. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)