Credit limit increases

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchew

Just got an awesome tip when I rang Amex for a credit limit increase.

I've been trying online for a while and have been frustrated with the rejections. I got a "2.9% interest on purchases over the next 6 months" offer so wanted to maximise the benefit, but my current limit was not enough for 6 months of spending! I just wanted my credit limit to increase to the highest possible amount that they're willing to give me but the online form asks you to enter the amount you want your credit limit increased to.

Anyway, I was told that the max credit limit increase is 50% of your current limit (rounded down to the nearest $100), once every 6 months. So if your current limit is $10,000 then the max limit increase is to ($10,000 x 1.5) $15,000.

So next time, if you're applying for a credit limit increase online, then the max increase you can request is 50% higher than your current limit.

Just got an awesome tip when I rang Amex for a credit limit increase.

I've been trying online for a while and have been frustrated with the rejections. I got a "2.9% interest on purchases over the next 6 months" offer so wanted to maximise the benefit, but my current limit was not enough for 6 months of spending! I just wanted my credit limit to increase to the highest possible amount that they're willing to give me but the online form asks you to enter the amount you want your credit limit increased to.

Anyway, I was told that the max credit limit increase is 50% of your current limit (rounded down to the nearest $100), once every 6 months. So if your current limit is $10,000 then the max limit increase is to ($10,000 x 1.5) $15,000.

So next time, if you're applying for a credit limit increase online, then the max increase you can request is 50% higher than your current limit.

I receive the offer from AMEX every 6 months, and they normally give me about 70-80% increase, although I never use the card.

Amex uses rolling average. The more you use their card, the greater your opportunity of getting increase in "limit". That's with the charge card, so far as I know.

From memory the last 2.9% offer expired in May and I have not seen anything since. Credit limits are already way too high.

I use my Amex credit card the most and they are the "most strict" with credit limit increases!

My Comm Bank Plat now has twice the limit of the Amex card, but given the enhancements next month to MR I am glad :)

My Amex issued Amex card usage will go down down down down and only used for travel/restaurants!

fyi Amex told me last week that you can ask for a credit limit increase every 3 months - which was surprising, but they swore it was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back