Credit Cards and Business spending

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcollins1960

Hi I am a brand new member...as at 10 mins ago!
Thought I would try your Credit Card Calculator to see what it suggested...I was a little diapointed. I entered my monthly spend, $150,000 and the calculator spat out the normal gaggle of AMEX cards (which are no good because no one takes them and they do NOT allow for business spend). Then came the Visa / Mastercards!! My current card was not listed despite the fact that I would get 900,000 points in a year based on the spend entered AND it is uncapped..AND it is ok to use business spend!....that card is a "Westpac Altitudes Limited edition business mastercard"....until March 31 there are many carriers available but after that I must chose the main stream OR the QANTAS stream..BUT the earn conditions remain the same either way.
I was hoping your site may provide a viable alternative.....!
JC

The calculator on this site is pretty much aimed at the consumer credit cards from what I have seen. Business cards are a bit different, and any card described as 'Limited Edition' may not even be available at the moment.

What are you actually looking for? Something that keeps your options open? Something that maximises the Qantas points?

hi

what is the best business VISA or Mastercard for high Qantas points earn, happy for direct qantas scheme and not bothered with a annual fee?

hi

what is the best business VISA or Mastercard for high Qantas points earn, happy for direct qantas scheme and not bothered with a annual fee?

I have both an AMEX Qantas Ultimate (1.5 points per dollar, $450 per year fee) and the ANZ VISA Platinum (1 point per dollar, $250 per year fee I think).

I always use AMEX where possible, and VISA for the rest. And I have a non Qantas points earning Mastercard for the *very* rare occasion where the above two can't be used.

I have both an AMEX Qantas Ultimate (1.5 points per dollar, $450 per year fee) and the ANZ VISA Platinum (1 point per dollar, $250 per year fee I think).

I always use AMEX where possible, and VISA for the rest. And I have a non Qantas points earning Mastercard for the *very* rare occasion where the above two can't be used.

great thank you, are these capped?

For a Visa, the choice may come down to just how much per month is put through the card. ANZ, for example, have a tiered system, where the first $2500 per month is 1:1, then it steps down to 1 point per $2, and cuts out altogether at $10,000 per month.

Compare that to say a Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards card (or even perhaps the ANZ Business Card), uncapped, but 1 point per $1.50 spent. On lower spends you are better off with ANZ, but on higher spends, Westpac is better.

(and actually looking at the ANZ Business One account it has redemptions to Velocity, Asai Miles, Air NZ, Qantas and Kris Flyer, hmmm...)

Last edited:
hi

Without annual point limit, Westpac Altitute business is pretty much the best at $1 = 0.5 point.

Citibank has business gold card at $1 = 1 point, but cap at 80 000 points per year.

There is also NAB Platinum Qantas card which is uncapped. You get two cards: Amex & Visa. Use the Amex where you can (1.5 points per dollar?) and the Visa where Amex is not accepted (0.66 points per dollar?).

I spend an average $100,000 a month on my VISA / AMEX cards. Which card is best for me?? I currently have the Wespac Platinum, which is now useless as it doesen't earn for Qantas.

I fly Qantas mainly. So please help!!! I am sick of not being able to earn points like I used to.

Being a tight ar$e, I would prefer one that I can scam a fee free offer too. :D

Thanks a bunch.

I spend an average $100,000 a month on my VISA / AMEX cards. Which card is best for me?? I currently have the Wespac Platinum, which is now useless as it doesen't earn for Qantas.

If it was an Altitude Platinum, why did you not transfer to Altitude Direct. Either that, or change to an Earth card.

sorry, I know nothing about them. What's good about those cards?

yes I know I can go and read up about them, but isn't that what the forum is about.... chatting and telling each other. ;)

Earth is actually a product of Westpac, so it would be easy to transfer across since you have a card with Westpac already.

yes I know I can go and read up about them, but isn't that what the forum is about.... chatting and telling each other. ;)

Earth Credit Card from Westpac

We can give you wrong information.

I can't find any capping of points of limits for the Earth Platinum, in fact any of the cards. I have no idea where to look. I have read just about the whole terms and condition PDF already.

What's the difference between the Earth Platinum and AMEX Ultimate Qantas??? If both are 1.5:1 Earth seems to be less in annual fee.

The Altitude Qantas card is a card that tranfers to Qantas FF rather thant to Altitude points.

The Altitude Qantas card is a card that tranfers to Qantas FF rather thant to Altitude points.
I think the Altitude Qantas Card was made available temporarily during the last couple of months to dela with the Qantas direct sweep issue. I don't see it listed on the Westpac site. As an Altitude Card user I do remember being offered the Altitude Qantas Card

I think the Altitude Qantas Card was made available temporarily during the last couple of months to dela with the Qantas direct sweep issue. I don't see it listed on the Westpac site. As an Altitude Card user I do remember being offered the Altitude Qantas Card

It's listed on the Westpac credit card product list as available from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back