Credit card with complimentary travel insurance for 10 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie777

I'm looking for a credit card with complimentary travel insurance for 10 months. I'll be travelling europe/asia/south america, and while looking into travel insurance it occurred to me it might be cheaper to get a credit card with complimentary travel insurance. Only really need the medical/emergency medical cover. Already have the NAB visa gold account, but the cover only lasts for 3months (as do many of the other credit cards that offer complimentary travel insurance).

Anyone know of a card with complimentary travel insurance for 10 months?

I put up a post just recently about complimentary insurance cover with credit cards and were they any good... anyway, long story short someone posted a link to a business traveller website that rated these cc insurance schemes

Best and worst credit cards for travel insurance - Flights | hotels | frequent flyer | business class - Australian Business Traveller

and i decided today to apply for the Commonwealth Bank Platinum Card, insurance covers trips up to 12 months, was rated second by the business traveller site in its comparisons, and best of all, Comm Bank is offering it for free for the first year for a limited time...

Personal - Credit cards - Platinum awards - Commonwealth Bank Group

so not sure if it fits the bill of what your after? there are some things needed to qualify so make sure you read those...

The ten months could be the stumbling block as most TI only goes for around three months at a time.

Has already been mentioned but I have CBA Platinum which offers 12 months cover

Just by way of an update,

Have decided to go for the CBA Platinum Awards card. It's the only card I could find which covered trips of up to 12 months. There was one other that covered trips of up to 6 months, and multiple ones which cover up to 3 months (one of which is NAB Gold, which has fee free overseas atm/purchases - got that one.)

It's regularly $250 annual fee if you're an existing CBA customer ($280 if you're not) but they have an INCREDIBLE promotion at the moment, $0 annual fee for the first year. Apply by 14/02/11 to get the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back