Credit Card Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miekk

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering what some of your top credit card tips you've learnt from experience or mistakes.
Hopefully I can avoid the 'mistake' period when I go and apply for my credit cards!

If your after gold/plat cards with insurance etc just check the PDS very carefully that the cover is ok for you. Insurance can often look good but you must read the fine print.

Only other thing i could say is....

Amex + Visa/Mastercard seems like a popular conbination, 2 cards is enough for most people.

Make sure your getting the newer microchipped cards,... i think that will be important soon. I know some places already that prefer them due to fraud reasons.

If you want to do an 'dodgy' purchases on-line etc then consider the pre-paid visa cards you can get in Australia, they work as expected.

E

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering what some of your top credit card tips you've learnt from experience or mistakes.
Hopefully I can avoid the 'mistake' period when I go and apply for my credit cards!
Miekk,

There is a huge amount of info on this site already about the values of the various cards vs others. Have a look at a search and I'm sure you will find the info you are after.

first suggestion is to find a credit card which has no annual fees, there are a few popular choices such as the CB Gold, some Amex cards with fee free 12 months and so on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back