Credit card recomendatiosn (50000 $ spent per year)

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by davem, Feb 7, 2004.

1. davem

davem Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    i'm looking for a credit card that will alow me to earn points for frequient flyer travel or upgrades
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

The only travel i'm interested in would be from
    BNE-Krakow

or

BNE-Chicago

BNE - Chicago is 60000 miles with United air.

Can anyone please recomend a card that would allow me to earn some points?

currently spending 50000 a year

would prefer a visa or mastercard

Currently using ANZ telstra card (non FF)

2. arun

arun Member

Sep 5, 2002
    Sydney
    As you prefer visa or master, check out Westpac Altitude Visa or Citibank visa or master.

3. lindakut

lindakut Newbie

Feb 12, 2004
    Canberra, ACT
    I have the Woolworths Ezybanking Mastercard. Earns me 1 point per $1 and $1.25 for purchases at Woolworths affiliated shops. So if you do most of your grocery shopping here, it's well worth it.

4. danielh

danielh Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Consider the American Express Maximiser card. AU$12 a month (AU$144 a year) and you get 1.5 points for every AU$1 you spend.

Also, if you do a lot of business travel and get to stay in some nice hotels or apartments, always ask about their frequent flyer program. Examples include the Marriott chain (www.mariott.com) when you can get 5 QFF points for every US$1 spent or if you travel locally, the Medina chain gives you 5 QFF for every AU$1 spent.

Personally I have the ANZ Telstra Gold Visa with that annoying AU$2,500 cap on it but I supplement this with my ANZ Diners card with no cap. I think the Diners is ok but will go with AmEx as soon as my application is approved.

Regards
    Daniel

PS: There are a lot of different options around, just choose the best combination for you.