Couple of old topics revisited

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by tuapekastar, Jan 7, 2006.

1. tuapekastar

tuapekastar Established Member

Mar 16, 2005
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think these have both been discussed at sometime in the past but one is new to me, and the other a very old memory revisited.

BA MEL-SIN: A female captain. First I can recall, though I'm sure there are plenty about.

BA SIN-MEL: A "Louie the Fly" experience. We copped the dreaded spray! Except instead of Oz staff on the ground, we copped it from BA cabin crew at start and end of flight (I think just after takeoff and just before landing). Was one-handed from a sort of cyclists drink bottle with a pressuriser in it. Can't recall being sprayed for maybe 15-20 years!
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Had a female captain on flight SYD-BNE boxing day.

Flying experience no different to any other captain including a smooth landing.

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Spraying the cabin is a requirement for entry into Australia unless the aircraft has been treated with a long-lasting pesticide on a regular basis. All Qantas international aircraft are treated in this way during their maintenance cycle and hence do not require cabin spraying when approaching Australia.

Some visiting airlines maintain some of their aircraft with the required maintenance treatment routine and can operate those aircraft to Australia without needing spraying. However, of they substitute with an untreated aircraft, they must spray in-flight.