Couple of old topics revisited

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by tuapekastar, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. tuapekastar

tuapekastar Established Member

Mar 16, 2005
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think these have both been discussed at sometime in the past but one is new to me, and the other a very old memory revisited.
    Advertisement

BA MEL-SIN: A female captain. First I can recall, though I'm sure there are plenty about.

BA SIN-MEL: A "Louie the Fly" experience. We copped the dreaded spray! Except instead of Oz staff on the ground, we copped it from BA cabin crew at start and end of flight (I think just after takeoff and just before landing). Was one-handed from a sort of cyclists drink bottle with a pressuriser in it. Can't recall being sprayed for maybe 15-20 years!

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Had a female captain on flight SYD-BNE boxing day.

Flying experience no different to any other captain including a smooth landing.

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Spraying the cabin is a requirement for entry into Australia unless the aircraft has been treated with a long-lasting pesticide on a regular basis. All Qantas international aircraft are treated in this way during their maintenance cycle and hence do not require cabin spraying when approaching Australia.

Some visiting airlines maintain some of their aircraft with the required maintenance treatment routine and can operate those aircraft to Australia without needing spraying. However, of they substitute with an untreated aircraft, they must spray in-flight.