Converting Gold CC to Platinum - Points effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

efleming

Hi everyone.

I currently have a CBA Gold CC with about 40,000 points I intend to transfer to Qantas. However, as it stands, 1 CBA reward point equates to about 0.5 QFF points.

If I upgrade my card to a Platinum, does anyone know if I can then transfer my existing points on a 1:1 basis? Or does the CBA flag the original points as being Gold points?

Since April this year, you can no longer transfer Commonwealth bank Awards points to Qantas Freequent Flyer. The only Frequent Flyer programs to which you can transfer CBA Awards points are Air New Zealand AirPoints and Virgin Blue Velocity.

For the CBA Platinum card:
Customers wanting to transfer their points to Qantas Frequent Flyer must opt-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct. Once you have opted in then all points earned will be automatically transferred across to Qantas each month. There is a $10 annual fee to opt in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct. Conditions apply.
Any existing CBA Awards points cannot be transferred to Qantas any more.

Since April this year, you can no longer transfer Commonwealth bank Awards points to Qantas Freequent Flyer. The only Frequent Flyer programs to which you can transfer CBA Awards points are Air New Zealand AirPoints and Virgin Blue Velocity.
This is correct... In answer to the original question, the new points do get transferred to the platinum card and can be used as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back