Config on QF5/6 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Config on QF5/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,872
I'm travelling on QF5 SYD-SIN on 5th Dec and back on QF6 on 7th Dec. The QF website is showing my seat allocation as being 11K and 11A.

Last time I flew on QF5/6 it was a 2-class config, in which case 11A/K is the first row upstairs. I like being upstairs but I don't like the front row. :(

Can someone who knows how to look up configs tell me if both flights are indeed likely to be 2-class config? Also, last time I was on QF5/6 they were not skybeds. That's changed, hasn't it? :-|
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Yada Yada said:
I'm travelling on QF5 SYD-SIN on 5th Dec and back on QF6 on 7th Dec. The QF website is showing my seat allocation as being 11K and 11A.

Last time I flew on QF5/6 it was a 2-class config, in which case 11A/K is the first row upstairs. I like being upstairs but I don't like the front row. :(

Can someone who knows how to look up configs tell me if both flights are indeed likely to be 2-class config? Also, last time I was on QF5/6 they were not skybeds. That's changed, hasn't it? :-|
It is normally a 2 class aircraft. Personally I like the front rows and exit rows since they have the video screens in the armrest rather than in the seat back in front

Looking at the seat map for those days, it shows as a 2 class aircraft and so row 11 is the front of the Upper Deck

It does have skybeds

Dave
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,872
Dave Noble said:
It is normally a 2 class aircraft. Personally I like the front rows and exit rows since they have the video screens in the armrest rather than in the seat back in front

Looking at the seat map for those days, it shows as a 2 class aircraft and so row 11 is the front of the Upper Deck

It does have skybeds
Thanks Dave!

When I last sat in the front row on the upper deck with the old seat types, the legroom seemed a bit more cramped that the other rows. I guess with skybeds the space must be big enough to allow it to fully extend so it should indeed be better. Guess I'll just leave the allocation as is. ;)
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
On all QF 747 aircraft (2 and 3-class 744 and 2-class 743) row 11 is the first row of the upper deck.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Yada Yada said:
Thanks Dave!

When I last sat in the front row on the upper deck with the old seat types, the legroom seemed a bit more cramped that the other rows. I guess with skybeds the space must be big enough to allow it to fully extend so it should indeed be better. Guess I'll just leave the allocation as is. ;)
Ah yes, there is a difference from dreamtime. With the skybed you should be fine with the front row

Dave
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,872
Dave Noble said:
Ah yes, there is a difference from dreamtime. With the skybed you should be fine with the front row
Perfect. Thanks again Dave. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,761
Messages
1,857,984
Members
48,599
Latest member
Kezby007
Top