Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Comped Gold..but I earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaz0303

Flights
My Map
Hi all,

Flew back home on Tuesday to find a QF 'Keep you gold status with our compliments' package in the mail box. When it would have been posted, I would have been 40c short but with flights booked to push me over the threshold. Lovely gesture but since I have racked 610 SC, I thought I would have earned it.

Question is, will this comp show on my record and prevent me from getting one when I really need it, like next November? Should I do anything?

Ill add that my last QF experience was the best it gets. Points upgrade to business, flight from Jakarta arrived early, on transfer bus within 10minutes of landing, moved to earlier connecting flight in the lounge and got home 4hrs early. Nice when the new marketing campaign matches reality.

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

opusman

Anecdotally, no it doesn't seem like it counts as a "comp" if you later requalify. There's no real evidence that "everyone gets at least one comp" though, so it's hard to tell either way.

Fantic125

Established Member
I had similar last year (2013) where my last flight to requalify for WP was the day before the end of my FF year. I had already received the 'complimentary upgrade letter and new card' prior to the flight.

This QFF year (2014) I was well short (approx 400 SC's) of re-qualifying for WP but received the complimentary status upgrade. Next year will be a drop to SG though.

codash1099

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I had similar last year (2013) where my last flight to requalify for WP was the day before the end of my FF year. I had already received the 'complimentary upgrade letter and new card' prior to the flight.

This QFF year (2014) I was well short (approx 400 SC's) of re-qualifying for WP but received the complimentary status upgrade. Next year will be a drop to SG though.
I live in hope but plan for the worst.

JohnK

Veteran Member
I was comped Platinum 2 years in a row but qualified for Platinum each time shortly thereafter.

Hope I never need to be comped Platinum but as Platinum is fast approaching Gold it may not matter.

Jaryd

Flights
My Map
I've wondered this. I was also comped in July this year even though I re qualified by over 100scs.

I wish they would comp me to platinum. Sitting at 1310scs from last 5 months of travel to date, and I still get the crap seats and no shadow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunshineecocleaners

Currently Active Users