Nimashoghi

Hey all,

Just looking into the future and february when points into QFF will become

1.50 / $1 for AMEX
0.50 / $1 for Mastercard

However if you leave your points in your commonwealth awards you earn

3.00 / $1 for AMEX
$1 / $1 for Mastercard

I think with the extra points you will get to keep leaving them in your commonwealth awards it may be better off keeping them in commonwealth awards,

I mean if you earn 30,000 points in a month, You would get 15,000 into QFF, losing 15,000 points in 1 month. The awards store pricing is only 5,000 cheaper in the QFF store. But then theres flights? I dont plan on spending my points just build it up

What do you guys think?

I have about 60,000 in my Frequent Flyer account, Since start of year, (i know some of you are knocking a few hundred thousand per year, but hey its a start ).

I dont know if i should opt out now to start building up points in my comm awards? Or if i should leave it in my QFF even taking the loss in points?

Its really doing my head in so any advice would be greatly appreciated

** By the way I have been reading this forum for a while, but this is my first post.

All the Best
Nima

There is possible that CBA will dilute the CBA reward points after Feb...
and bring it down in line with the usual amex 1.5x...

The current ratio for cash = 20000 cba points per $100, therefore 0.005 per 1$...

It is unlikely to see CBA will continue to offer 20000 per $ 100 after feb as 0.015 per dollar (1.5%) is pretty good for cash rate. (Amex's moneyback is only 1%).

The terms and conditions also indicates that CBA is considering changing the ratio as most of the specials expire on 31 Jan 2010...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back