CommBank Awards points transfer to Flying Blue at 2:1 rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
I just spoke to somebody from CommBank Awards over the phone, and they advised me that the transfer rate of CommBank Award points to Air France/KLM Flying Blue miles is now 2:1. It was previously 3:1. This actually seems pretty good, and could be a lucrative way to earn SkyTeam miles from Australian credit card spend.

Have any CommBank Awards members tried recently to transfer points to Flying Blue, and did you get a 2:1 conversion rate?

FWIW, I was also informed that CX and QR are no longer transfer partners for CommBank Awards. (It would be helpful if they had a list on their website so we would know when they make these kinds of changes!)

That's strange. I just spoke with the Comm Bank awards team today, who said that Air France/KLM aren't on their list of airlines.

That's strange. I just spoke with the Comm Bank awards team today, who said that Air France/KLM aren't on their list of airlines.

Very strange indeed! I triple checked with the guy and he said it was definitely on their list and a 2:1 transfer rate last week. Although he did also say that the list of airlines changes every now and again.

Perhaps try calling back and speaking to a different person on another day? Also, they may have it listed as Flying Blue rather than Air France/KLM so try checking both. When I called last week, I was initially told Lufthansa Miles&More wasn't a transfer partner but then when prompted the guy went back and checked and found it was indeed on the list.

It's frustrating they don't publish a list on their website, as it seems to change every time I call! I suspect they intentionally are not publishing a list to make it as difficult as possible for people to transfer their points out - they want you to redeem for a gift card!

Last edited:
It's frustrating they don't publish a list on their website, as it seems to change every time I call! I suspect they intentionally are not publishing a list to make it as difficult as possible for people to transfer their points out - they want you to redeem for a gift card!

There is one if you login to the CBA awards portal. There's just no public list.

First pic is the participating airline/hotel programs, second and third are the conversion rates. Still has airlines listed, that are no longer partners — JAL, Malaysia and Lufthansa.

Attachments

• 5B3A985F-C929-4719-8F32-B9714C25B799.png
    5B3A985F-C929-4719-8F32-B9714C25B799.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 6E1700EA-4C16-493C-9EF0-D4009A58A22F.png
    6E1700EA-4C16-493C-9EF0-D4009A58A22F.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 35
  • C13347E0-AE1D-46E4-978F-B54A6B6E39F6.png
    C13347E0-AE1D-46E4-978F-B54A6B6E39F6.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 34
Thank you @mikedesign.

Interesting that Flying Blue is listed there, but at a 3:1 rate. However it appears to be out of date?

Thank you @mikedesign.

Interesting that Flying Blue is listed there, but at a 3:1 rate. However it appears to be out of date?
Seems like it, apart from Velocity, if you want to redeem award points for frequent flyers, you have to call or message Commbank Awards, there’s no direct transfer online. Seems like the call centre has the most up-to-date information.

I called again today and was advised Flying Blue is available at a 3:1 transfer rate. However I had to really prompt the agent, who initially told me it wasn't there and didn't know that this was the program of Air France/KLM.

It seems that whatever list the call centre folks have access to does not include airline names. I asked the agent to read out the options and he only would say the name of the loyalty program (e.g. Infinity MileageLands - which he didn't know is the program of EVA Air).

The rep also told me that QR, CX and JL are back as options. I can only assume whatever list he was reading from is current...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back