Comm Bank Gold Cards Free 1st Year Annual Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
its tempting to apply for it as a gold amex awards card means 2 points /$1 . i have the standard awards card and only get 1.5 points on the cba amex ATM, but i have a student waiver so i dont pay the annual fee . I wonder how long it will take for me to be offered my next preapproved credit limit increase so then i can meet the minium $5000 credit limit to apply for the card? can i do a product transfer to the gold awards card once i've reached a $5000 credit limit and still qualify for this deal and have the 1st year annual fee waived? Then after the first year will i still have the student waiver on the annual fee. i think ill be made to forfiet the student waiver if i upgrade?:(

its tempting to apply for it as a gold amex awards card means 2 points /$1 . i have the standard awards card and only get 1.5 points on the cba amex ATM, but i have a student waiver so i dont pay the annual fee . I wonder how long it will take for me to be offered my next preapproved credit limit increase so then i can meet the minium $5000 credit limit to apply for the card? can i do a product transfer to the gold awards card once i've reached a $5000 credit limit and still qualify for this deal and have the 1st year annual fee waived? Then after the first year will i still have the student waiver on the annual fee. i think ill be made to forfiet the student waiver if i upgrade?:(

Unfortunately, you can not transfer from your standard to gold and waive the first year annual fee, I got the same situation as you and I have called CBA and the answer was NO, because the promotion only applys to online application customers.

The only chance you will be able to get this offer is to do another application and get two cards, either if you still want to keep your old one or cancel it. I got standard cards annual fee waived as well when I was a student, because at that time I have got a job so the limited they offered to me was $9k at initial. You don't have to wait until your credit limited to meet the gold level, it all depends how much income you have.

Unfortunately, you can not transfer from your standard to gold and waive the first year annual fee, I got the same situation as you and I have called CBA and the answer was NO, because the promotion only applys to online application customers.
This is not entirely correct. I successfully applied for the Gold CC with annual fee waiver then simply balance transferred from my existing standard CC - no questions were asked.

This is not entirely correct. I successfully applied for the Gold CC with annual fee waiver then simply balance transferred from my existing standard CC - no questions were asked.

Update my case, I did not apply for a new one in order not to get another credit application. I tried again another day and got successed to swich from existing standard card to gold without first year annual fee. :D

Update my case, I did not apply for a new one in order not to get another credit application. I tried again another day and got successed to swich from existing standard card to gold without first year annual fee. :D
was that a gold awards card you switched to? or was it from a standard student awards card to a low rate or low fee gold card without awards or points card? i was told on the phone i couldnt switch to the current offer of no annaul fee for 1 st year awards gold unless i made a new application. I could only do a product tranfers to a low fee gold card and the 1 st year fee would be waived. if it was a switch to a gold awards i would still have to pay for the annaul fee upfront and foreit my no annaul fee standard awards card.

was that a gold awards card you switched to? or was it from a standard student awards card to a low rate or low fee gold card without awards or points card? i was told on the phone i couldnt switch to the current offer of no annaul fee for 1 st year awards gold unless i made a new application. I could only do a product tranfers to a low fee gold card and the 1 st year fee would be waived. if it was a switch to a gold awards i would still have to pay for the annaul fee upfront and foreit my no annaul fee standard awards card.

Hi there, that was gold awards card I switched to which is from standard awards. I was told by same thing before as I had to apply for a new gold awards card and tran sferred the existing amount to the new one. I think it all depends on CBA side, if they would like to keep you, they might offer you a free upgrade (1st year fee waived).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back