Code share confusion | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Code share confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tscharke

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
303
Happy New Years All :)

I have an up and coming trip from SYD-NRT mid Feb and am trying to maximise my segments travelled.

I have the option of going SYD-MEL-NRT which are on two flight numbers QF500 & QF369, however the later is operated by JAL. I have heard that JAL are coming on board with OW from 1 Feb.

Can anybody confirm this as I want to make sure that this flight will be recognised for AA qpoints and mileage

Cheers in advance
 

alect

Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
350
tscharke said:
Happy New Years All :)

I have an up and coming trip from SYD-NRT mid Feb and am trying to maximise my segments travelled.

I have the option of going SYD-MEL-NRT which are on two flight numbers QF500 & QF369, however the later is operated by JAL. I have heard that JAL are coming on board with OW from 1 Feb.

Can anybody confirm this as I want to make sure that this flight will be recognised for AA qpoints and mileage

Cheers in advance
The date thrown around so far has been Apr 1. If it was happening Feb 1 I think it would have been officially announced by now.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Although JL flights are ineligable for qpoints/qmiles, JL is a partner with AA and so regulatr miles can be earned on JL

Dave
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
tscharke said:
cheers alect - JAL it isn't...
But the QF369 flight operated by JAL will still earn QF FF points and status credits since it is a QF flight number.
 

tscharke

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
303
NM said:
But the QF369 flight operated by JAL will still earn QF FF points and status credits since it is a QF flight number.
I'm aiming for my AA Plat requal (and ultimately my Exec Plat) so my QF FF # ain't going anywhere near this booking ;)
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
tscharke said:
I'm aiming for my AA Plat requal (and ultimately my Exec Plat) so my QF FF # ain't going anywhere near this booking ;)
Then better take a CX option via HKG :!:
 

N860CR

AFF Supporter
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
3,304
If the flight has a QF flight number it will earn points as if you were on a Qantas aircraft. The actual carrier doesn't matter in this case, if you're booked on the QF flight number as far as your points are concerned its a Qantas operated flight.

If you were on the JL flight number then it would be different, however as your booking QF369 you'll be fine.
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,253
Flights
My Map
NM said:
Then better take a CX option via HKG :!:
Unless in Discount Economy (ie not B, H or Y, Business or First). If so the OP would have to find another routing option!!
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
tscharke said:
:( company policy wont allow
That's a shame. CX are very good to fly with, and AA pay their status bonus on CX flights, unlike QF who only pay it for QF, AA and BA flights.
 

Mal

AFF Supporter
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,253
Flights
My Map
danielribo said:
If the flight has a QF flight number it will earn points as if you were on a Qantas aircraft. The actual carrier doesn't matter in this case,
I read the AA T&C as saying "Flight mileage may not accrue on flights operated by carriers other than oneworld carriers."

Has anyone had Qantas Codeshare flights credit correctly when not on OneWorld metal?
 

MatthewRob

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
17
I flew Air Pacific to Fiji, a non-oneworld carrier, on a QF flight number and got full eligible AAdvantage miles, Q-miles and Q-points. So from my experience you get all the perks despite what AA say.

I guess they wouldn't guarantee it though if something went wrong. Risk I had to take because there is no other airline option and it paid off for me.
 

adrian

Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
392
MatthewRob said:
I flew Air Pacific to Fiji, a non-oneworld carrier, on a QF flight number and got full eligible AAdvantage miles, Q-miles and Q-points. So from my experience you get all the perks despite what AA say.

I guess they wouldn't guarantee it though if something went wrong. Risk I had to take because there is no other airline option and it paid off for me.
I recently flew Prague to Barcelona on CSA, on an Iberian flight number. No luck with AA miles, qpoints etc. for me....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,780
Messages
1,858,477
Members
48,609
Latest member
thebankinfo
Top