Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Cocktail Hour Coming to the Domestic J Lounges

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
The cocktail service will begin on Tuesday November 4, which is Melbourne Cup Day, and so the menu will feature classic race-themed tipples such as Mint Juleps (a mint and bourbon whiskey combo which is the official drink of the Kentucky Derby).

Hmmm .. how about Champagne cocktails, as served at Royal Ascot?

ps I like eminere's comment at the BT article

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
This is good news. What a great idea :)

I might hoof it down to MEL soon to try this out, though obviously not during the Christmas / New Year period when the carpets are being cleaned ;)

Brettmcg

Of course this starts up the week I stop my regular SYD-MEL-SYD on Friday and Sunday evenings...:rolleyes: #justmyluck #maybetheyknew

Red Roo

Established Member
Starting today, we hope you can join us for "Cocktail Hour" between 5-6pm (local time), Monday-Friday over the next few months.

Exclusive to our Domestic Business Lounges in MEL/SYD/BNE/CBR, enjoy summer inspired cocktails served with our house blend of spiced nuts.

We’ll be serving race-day themed cocktails in honour of Melbourne Cup Day next Tuesday, including the official cocktail of the Kentucky Derby (one of the world’s other great horse races ;)), the ever refreshing Mint Julep.

Other cocktails on offer throughout the coming months include Aperol Spritz, Dark and Stormy, Americano, and a special Qantas Christmas cocktail being served between 17-30 December.

Cheers to sunnier days, and the festive season ahead!

Last edited:
The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Mr_Orange

Established Member
Other cocktails on offer include Aperol Spritz and Americano, with a special Qantas Christmas cocktail being served between 17-30 December.

So this means the J lounges are open until the 30th December then. Good :)

JohnK

Veteran Member
Champagne cocktails in the BNE business lounge today.

love_the_life

Solutions
Oh I see Pushka and all the other SA flyers will miss out - Adelaide doesn't have a J lounge :(

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Oh I see Pushka and all the other SA flyers will miss out - Adelaide doesn't have a J lounge :(

I was thinking of setting up my own cocktail bar in the ADL QP, right over the back beyond the bar. You could dismantle part of the wall separating the QP from the CL and get some top shelf gin and vodka to mix some wicked martinis.

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
One of the advantages of daylight savings - I can get QF632 MEL-BNE instead of QF628 and now get cocktails AND "dinner" and still home at a reasonable hour ;)

(Assuming of course our BFOD travel policy doesn't book me on DJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider35