Citigold

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbs

Anyone had any experience with Citigold ? I was looking into it thinking it was a good package, but the benefits seem to be rather lacking (other than one fee free account).

anyone who uses it can provide some information on if its worth it ?

alexbs said:
Anyone had any experience with Citigold ? I was looking into it thinking it was a good package, but the benefits seem to be rather lacking (other than one fee free account).

anyone who uses it can provide some information on if its worth it ?

The only benefit seems to be no monthly fees on any of your bank accounts - but the Visa Card annual fee keeps on coming.

I must phone my 'relationship manager' to see if it is possible to get the Visa converted to 'fee free for life.'

You're supposed to have a 'total relationship' with Citi worth over $100K when you open the Citigold but at times my relationship has moved to less than $20K without any penalty.

The downside: The relationship manager that you are given will call a couple of times per month and try to sell you Citi investment products. I allowed these calls and received follow-up product brochures through the mail but never made an investment.

The calls seem to have stopped now.

One upside is that you get a relationship manager in Sydney with whom you deal - rather than the robotic customer call centre droips in Manila, Philippines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back