CitiBusiness Gold to QFF, Post March

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingles

Just wondering if anyone with a CitiBusiness Gold card has received any information about transfer of points to QFF?

I was under the impression that there wasn't any changes with the Citibusiness Gold card.

I was under the impression that there wasn't any changes with the Citibusiness Gold card.

Correct. No change to Citibusiness.

For those interested, Citibank are being a bit cheeky with this product as interchange (wholesale cost of the transaction) is up to 3 times higher with this product - In otherwords its a great revenue earner hence the 1.25 points per $1 spent.

Its the best Visa for QF points

Thaks guys, that's what i thought as that is what the QFF website says however the citibank phone consultant told me transfers were ceasing :S

Is it allowed to have a Citibank Gold Fee Free Visa as well as this Citibusiness Gold Card?

Or aren't you allowed to have 2 citibank credit cards?

Is it allowed to have a Citibank Gold Fee Free Visa as well as this Citibusiness Gold Card?

Or aren't you allowed to have 2 citibank credit cards?

You can have both cards if you want, citibank will not say no.

I applied card but they declined.. when I called them and ask why thy said they can't tell me...

i already have gold card but I want citi business card for qff

I called them and ask them to change my gold card to citi business card... and they said no...

i called couple of times and they said ok... u can do that...

strange call center.......

I called them and ask them to change my gold card to citi business card... and they said no...

i called couple of times and they said ok... u can do that...

strange call center.......

Please let me know how it goes as I intend to do this. I don't look forward to dealing with the Citibank monkeys.

Please let me know how it goes as I intend to do this. I don't look forward to dealing with the Citibank monkeys.

I decided to be brave and try calling Citibank to transfer my Platinum card to a CitiBusiness Gold card. I was told it cannot be done unless you receive an invitation. I told them that anyone can apply on the Internet. Then I was told I can apply for a new CitiBusiness card on the Internet but can only transfer my existing card if I received an invitation.

Nearly every dealing with Citibank is unpleasant. I will try to call back again a few times but if you have any suggestion please let me know.

Now they sending me new business citibank gold card in 3-5 working days...

keep calling them until you get a right person......

they told me they sending.. but I am not sure... may be i call them and confirm again...

I decided to be brave and try calling Citibank to transfer my Platinum card to a CitiBusiness Gold card. I was told it cannot be done unless you receive an invitation. I told them that anyone can apply on the Internet. Then I was told I can apply for a new CitiBusiness card on the Internet but can only transfer my existing card if I received an invitation.

Nearly every dealing with Citibank is unpleasant. I will try to call back again a few times but if you have any suggestion please let me know.

It is possible they told same stuff with my gold card and i tried couple of time and its became possilbe....

i called on international number 82250615 ... don't call on 13 number too much money....

I called up a second time and got refused again. Seems they may have left a note on my account as they refused me much quicker this time.

If anyone has an invitation it would be great if they could scan it on here (minus any personal details). If I was aware of the invitation maybe I could just say I received one.

Thanks.

I called up a second time and got refused again. Seems they may have left a note on my account as they refused me much quicker this time.

If anyone has an invitation it would be great if they could scan it on here (minus any personal details). If I was aware of the invitation maybe I could just say I received one.

Thanks.

just pretend you got invitation ... and try again.....

I was told it cannot be done unless you receive an invitation.

The card has only been recently made publicity available, it used to be an invitation only card. It could be that the reps are not aware of this.

As for changing from the Plat card to the Business Gold card it might me worth noting that the Business Gold card has a points cap of 80,000 and with the 1.25 points per dollar this works out to be a $64,000 spend per year.

If you are going to spend more than 64k you may as well keep the Plat card.

Rather than ask for your card to be transferred to another card i would simply apply for the Business card and once approved cancel the Plat card.

Last edited:
Why are people switching their fees free platinum card over to the citibusiness gold card? This doesn't make sense to me. You're trying to avoid the $19 annual fee but willing to pay the $130 annual fee just so that you can transfer points to qff as normal (the bonus 0.25 points per $1 isn't really significant). Am I missing something?

Why are people switching their fees free platinum card over to the citibusiness gold card? This doesn't make sense to me. You're trying to avoid the $19 annual fee but willing to pay the $130 annual fee just so that you can transfer points to qff as normal (the bonus 0.25 points per $1 isn't really significant). Am I missing something?

If someone is spending around 64k per year with a small chance of this increasing then the citibusines card might make sense.

For the 64k they spend they will earn 80,000 points on the citibusiness card
For 64k spend on the plat card they will only earn 64,000 points

So for $130 per year you get a bonus 16,000 points

After 6 years you will have gained a bonus 96,000 points (MELB to LAX return) by using the citibusiness card for your first $64,000 spend each year.
These points will have cost you $780 in credit card fees which is still cheaper than paying for the ticket.

-

Of course it doesnt make sense to cancel the free Plat card as there is simply no need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back