Citibank (VA High Flyer card) questioning purchase's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogul

Put a payment of $52k through my VA High Flyer card a couple of days ago and received a phone call from Citibank.

First question was did I authorise it, then I was grilled whether or not it was a "business" purchase. I was asked whether or not I still worked at ABC company and what was the nature of the business etc.

After I hung I though there goes the points for this transaction and hopefully they don't look back at previous transactions as there is roughly $60 to $80K per month to the same company, although normally it is for amount of around $30k each payment.

Received my statement today and the points have been allocated 59,500 in total.

Might give this card a rest for a month or two.

Put a payment of $52k through my VA High Flyer card a couple of days ago and received a phone call from Citibank.

First question was did I authorise it, then I was grilled whether or not it was a "business" purchase. I was asked whether or not I still worked at ABC company and what was the nature of the business etc.

After I hung I though there goes the points for this transaction and hopefully they don't look back at previous transactions as there is roughly $60 to $80K per month to the same company, although normally it is for amount of around $30k each payment.

Received my statement today and the points have been allocated 59,500 in total.

Might give this card a rest for a month or two.

Are the points warehoused with Citi? If so I'd be moving them elsewhere just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back