Citibank (VA High Flyer card) questioning purchase's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogul

Put a payment of $52k through my VA High Flyer card a couple of days ago and received a phone call from Citibank.

First question was did I authorise it, then I was grilled whether or not it was a "business" purchase. I was asked whether or not I still worked at ABC company and what was the nature of the business etc.

After I hung I though there goes the points for this transaction and hopefully they don't look back at previous transactions as there is roughly $60 to $80K per month to the same company, although normally it is for amount of around $30k each payment.

Received my statement today and the points have been allocated 59,500 in total.

Might give this card a rest for a month or two.

Put a payment of $52k through my VA High Flyer card a couple of days ago and received a phone call from Citibank.

First question was did I authorise it, then I was grilled whether or not it was a "business" purchase. I was asked whether or not I still worked at ABC company and what was the nature of the business etc.

After I hung I though there goes the points for this transaction and hopefully they don't look back at previous transactions as there is roughly $60 to $80K per month to the same company, although normally it is for amount of around $30k each payment.

Received my statement today and the points have been allocated 59,500 in total.

Might give this card a rest for a month or two.

Are the points warehoused with Citi? If so I'd be moving them elsewhere just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back