Card Promotions Citibank Signature Qantas 150,000 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

auflier

"Apply for the Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card and receive 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $5,000 within 90 days from approval, plus get an additional 50,000 bonus Qantas Points after your first anniversary.1 That could mean a return flight from Melbourne to San Francisco on an Economy Classic Flight Reward plus taxes, fees and carrier charges"
"$199 annual card fee in the first year (normally $395), $49 annual Citibank Qantas Rewards fee applies"

I just have gone through this card which was 90k points for zero fee for first year and $49 rewards fee (which I wasn't charged). A not an overly enticing deal but better than there "non special" deal of 50k points for $199 fee

If I was going for this card, it'd be the $199 + $49 for 100k points. Wouldn't bother waiting around for the 2nd year of $395+$49 for another 50k points and also reducing the opportunity to get this card again within the next twelve months (that implies hitting minimum spend, get points and close).

I got the 100K offer. At the time the first statement was issued I had $2K owing. However, the app said "Minimum payment required: AUD 0.00". So I took that to mean I didn't need to pay a thing. So I didn't. Roll on month two and I've been charged several dollars in interest. I fire up the Citibank chat and they tell me that that simply means the minimum amount to be paid to avoid the late payment fee. No doubt it's in the pages and pages of T&Cs. Anyway, they reversed the interest charge. However, is this going to be recorded on my credit file as a default? It's never happened to me before so I'm in the dark.

I got the 100K offer. At the time the first statement was issued I had $2K owing. However, the app said "Minimum payment required: AUD 0.00". So I took that to mean I didn't need to pay a thing. So I didn't. Roll on month two and I've been charged several dollars in interest. I fire up the Citibank chat and they tell me that that simply means the minimum amount to be paid to avoid the late payment fee. No doubt it's in the pages and pages of T&Cs. Anyway, they reversed the interest charge. However, is this going to be recorded on my credit file as a default? It's never happened to me before so I'm in the dark.
Every credit card statement has minimum payment required and a closing balance. How much you pay is up to you. If you don't pay the minimum, you get the late fee. If you don't pay out the closing balance expect interest charge on the next bill.

FYI
Now they have made it annual fee of $0 :D)
Unfortunately, its still another $49 if you want to Citibank Qantas rewards. Worth it as its also 150 000 bonus qantas points. Although on a side note...you will get an extra 50 000 bonus points after your first anniversary.

FYI
Now they have made it annual fee of $0 :D)
Unfortunately, its still another $49 if you want to Citibank Qantas rewards. Worth it as its also 150 000 bonus qantas points. Although on a side note...you will get an extra 50 000 bonus points after your first anniversary.

And isn't it a $5K spend in 90 days too?

Yep
same as above
But its easy to spend $5k total anyways......just line it up to pay all your bills like insurances, council rates etc
You also get complimentary Priority Pass membership with two airport lounge visits

They've taken it off the Qantas card comparison page.

There is no sign of an exclusion period.

Probably best to cancel as soon as you get the 100k.

See terms:
To be eligible to receive up to 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, you must apply for a Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card by 31 January 2020. You will receive 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend a minimum of $5,000 on your Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card within 90 days from approval. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, refunds, chargebacks, Special Promotions and spend on a Linked Diners Club Card do not contribute to the spend threshold. The 100,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account within 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. An additional 50,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account within 12 weeks of the first anniversary of the date Citi approved your account. Your Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card must remain open, in good standing and enrolled in Citibank Qantas Rewards for the bonus Qantas Points to be awarded. All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program. Offer may be extended. Qantas Points are defined in the Citibank Rewards and Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions as Qantas Frequent Flyer Points. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and have advised us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number before you can participate in Citibank Qantas Rewards. You will only earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points after you advise us of your Qantas Frequent Flyer Program membership number. An additional annual fee of $49 will apply to join the Citibank Qantas Rewards program. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions, available at qantas.com/terms. Your Rewards Balance will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points at the end of each Statement Period. It may take 28 business days for the Qantas Frequent Flyer Points to appear in your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account. Please note that if you have a Balance Transfer, you will be charged interest on any spend that you make. This offer is valid until 31 January 2020. Post this advertised date; Citi reserves the right to continue, withdraw or change the offer at any time without notice.

Just signed up for this card and was approved, however no email or any comms from Citibank to confirm this

So how do you know that you were approved?
After getting to the end of application process, I got the “Thank you for completing your application. You will receive a confirmation email shortly. Your application number is xx_xx_x”

After getting to the end of application process, I got the “Thank you for completing your application. You will receive a confirmation email shortly. Your application number is xx_xx_x”
That doesn't indicate that you were approved.

That doesn't indicate that you were approved.
Sorry I should have said “conditionally approved” after going through the application their system said I was “conditionally approved for $xx_x” and then going to the final screen that I mentioned above however not sure if I stuffed it up after cause there was a screen asking if I wanted a home loan but no option to say “no” or skip so I just closed the window

Sorry I should have said “conditionally approved” after going through the application their system said I was “conditionally approved for $xx_x” and then going to the final screen that I mentioned above however not sure if I stuffed it up after cause there was a screen asking if I wanted a home loan but no option to say “no” or skip so I just closed the window
If it's been a few days then I'd call them. Especially if you haven't already uploaded necessary payslips etc.

All good just got the confirmation email from Citibank saying that I'm approved and can already see it appearing when I log into my Citibank account. Despite all the negative feedback and poor communications around Citibank and the numerous times I've been rejected in the past for their cards, this time the approval turnaround process has been one of the quickest out of all the banks I've previously applied with.

I recently put someone onto this not realising they still hold the Qantas Premier (Citi) card. Will they get these bonus points do you think?

I already have a Citi Signature Qantas rewards card. So tempted to cancel it and sign up again for this offer..........however, catch is, I am currently paying $149 annual fee (and $49 rewards card fee). Presume if I did cancel and join again I would be up for the full annual fee after the first year!

Hi guys, do you know if paying for apartment's owner corporation fee counts as spending towards the 5k bonus points requirement?

Hi guys, do you know if paying for apartment's owner corporation fee counts as spending towards the 5k bonus points requirement?
If you mean via DEFT, then that is fine. But from memory there is a 3+% surcharge for AMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back