Citibank Reward Points to QFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iza

After speaking with a CSR at Citibank yesterday, she told me that all cardholders would soon be receiving a mailout regarding the stoppage of points transfer to QFF after 31 March 2009.

Interestingly enough, she said that Citibank would be allowing transfer of points less than the current 10,000 point minimum to be transferred to QFF :D.

I currently have less than 5000 points, so it will work well for me!

Thanks for the tip. However, having spoken to Citibank today, it is not quite how I understand it. I was told that as from the end of March I will still be able to transfer points to
QFF but this will be done automatically at the end of each month, provided I nominate QFF as my FF programme. It will mean that I will be able to transfer my existing points, somewhere in excess of 3000, without waiting until I have 10000. This change will be communicated to cardholders closer to the change date at the end of March.

All that I have to watch for is that my annual fee does not become due before that time.

It may be worth checking your advice again to make sure we have the right story.

The deal is that QFF will be the ONLY available destination for your Citibank reward points if you take up this "offer". I have better uses for them ...

The deal is that QFF will be the ONLY available destination for your Citibank reward points if you take up this "offer". I have better uses for them ...

i totally agree i for one will be hanging onto my points untill the last second and then looking at my options

The deal is that QFF will be the ONLY available destination for your Citibank reward points if you take up this "offer".
When I spoke with the citibank CSR, she stated that the ability to transfer less than 10,000 points to QFF would be offered only once prior to 31 March 2009. I can't see any mention of this offer on their website so I will waiting to see what appears in the aforementioned citibank mailout.

serfty, how did you come by your information?

... serfty, how did you come by your information?
This was an educated presumption.

Qantas WANT to be the only destination for the various Oz based reward program miles/points schemes and will be charging the suppliers a premium for point transfers to them if this is not the case. (This is termed "Direct Sweep".)

That is why Amex MR Ascent is to lose the ability to transfer to QFF as Amex do not wan't to pay the premium for those MR accounts.

I really can't see Citi being prepared to pay such a premium.

I hope Citi & others also allow transfers of 1 to 10,000 (I have 6k) to Velocity. I would've loved to transfer my 6k to V during the recent 25% bonus plan.

Especially if V offers something that'll foil Qantas' evil plans for world domination.

. I was told that as from the end of March I will still be able to transfer points to
QFF but this will be done automatically at the end of each month, provided I nominate QFF as my FF programme.

This isnt the case.

From the citi website
Δ Effective 1 April 2009 Citibank Cardholders will no longer be able to redeem Citi Reward points for Qantas Frequent Flyer points as part of the existing Citi Rewards program. Customers can continue to redeem Citi Reward points for Qantas Frequent Flyer points on the existing Citi Rewards program until 31 March 2009. A Citibank Credit Cardholder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to redeem Reward points for Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) points. A joining fee applies. Membership of the QFF program is subject to Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions. Gold Cardholders can redeem Reward points at a rate of 1 Reward point for 1 QFF point, Silver Cardholders can redeem Reward points at a rate of 2 Reward point for 1 QFF point. All redemption requests must be in blocks of 10,000 Reward points.

Note that only Citibank Platinum Cardholder will have the privilege of paying $19 to have ALL point earned every month transferred to QFF.

Silver and gold carholders will no longer be able to transfer to QFF at all.

It has been mentioned before, but I can confirm that to enable transfers to QFF after March you will need to have a Platinum card. I declined the offer to upgrade my Gold card last October, but am now going through the process of doing just that. What I don't know is whether there will be a QFF "rewards" fee each year, but as other CC providers are charging for direct sweep cards I am expecting it will no longer be for free.

I have a leaflet outlining some details - it is $19 Per Year for Plat card holders ...

I have a leaflet outlining some details - it is $19 Per Year for Plat card holders ...
I received a booklet today explaining the differences between Citibank Rewards and Citi Qantas Rewards Program but nowhere does it say there is a $19 annual fee if I choose the Citi Qantas Rewards Program option:confused:

I received a booklet today explaining the differences between Citibank Rewards and Citi Qantas Rewards Program but nowhere does it say there is a $19 annual fee if I choose the Citi Qantas Rewards Program option:confused:

Do you have a "free" card or do you pay an annual fee?

Do you have a "free" card or do you pay an annual fee?
The "former". I recently got upgraded to Platinum from the fee free for life Gold card. Really confused now as to whether there is a fee or not if I choose the Citi Qantas Rewards Program. There is no way in hell that I would be paying the $19 annual fee!!

I had a Sliver "free" card and eventually accepted the upgrade to "Platinum" offer.

For me it wasn't a booklet, it was an A4 size "leaflet" folded with two creases giving 6 "pages" - received it the week before last.

The "former". I recently got upgraded to Platinum from the fee free for life Gold card. Really confused now as to whether there is a fee or not if I choose the Citi Qantas Rewards Program. There is no way in hell that I would be paying the $19 annual fee!!

A friend of mine rang up his relationship manager and complained (he was a gold fee free upgraded to plat) and the $19 fee was waived. He said he just complained it was 'annoying' because the card was supposed to be 'fee free including no rewards fee'.

I'm not sure how sound the logic is because when I went back over my information I couldn't find any record on the Gold Fee Free that referenced ongoing no charge for poin earning.

I have a feeling it was more to do with the fact he is a Citigold client and they get looked after very well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back