Citibank raising the bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA flyer

I have just received my latest Citi Plat card statement with an enclosed leaflet "important changes to your Citibank Credit Card Account.
Now I was expecting it to relate to some changes to interest rates or such like so I was surprised when reading it through that the Citi Plat Card (now renamed Citibank Rewards Credit Card- Platinum) now has an increased cap from 120k to 250k and has an increased earn rate of 1.25 per $ with international spend now 3:1!
Happy days:)

I have just received my latest Citi Plat card statement with an enclosed leaflet "important changes to your Citibank Credit Card Account.
Now I was expecting it to relate to some changes to interest rates or such like so I was surprised when reading it through that the Citi Plat Card (now renamed Citibank Rewards Credit Card- Platinum) now has an increased cap from 120k to 250k and has an increased earn rate of 1.25 per $ with international spend now 3:1!
Happy days:)
The earn rate for QFF does not change - still 1:1
But better than before with the higher capping .

Received a similar letter but for CitiBusiness taking the cap from 80k to 250k with $1=1.25 FF points.
Haven't received anything about the Citi Plat card, maybe it will be with next months statement.
Amex may need to up the ante now.

The earn rate for QFF does not change - still 1:1.

I was almost considering keeping the card seeing as they also lowered the yearly fee ... Until I got to this bit:(

Will stick to the woolworths EDR card, less than half the fee and no cap that I'm aware off.

Have Citi Select running well now that we can do bigger BPay during the month so that works if you are doing more than the new raised cap limit. 250k would be very helpful for many in AFF.

I was almost considering keeping the card seeing as they also lowered the yearly fee ... Until I got to this bit:(

Will stick to the woolworths EDR card, less than half the fee and no cap that I'm aware off.

I'm sure many on here would get this free, as an upgrade from the Citi "free for life" promotion of a few years back as I do?

I'm sure many on here would get this free, as an upgrade from the Citi "free for life" promotion of a few years back as I do?

Not me, only signed up 6 months ago to get the bonus $60K points, never intended keeping it past the first year.

Has anyone with the fee free Plat received the higher capping letter?
I'm thinking it is only being sent to those who pay an annual fee.

I have a fee free Plat and received the letter 2 days ago. Fear not :p

I hold a Citi Platinum Card and Amex Platinum Charge Card.

Question for you all - does this new offer make it much better to cancel the QF transfer (which costs $49 p.a.) and start earning Citi Rewards points to transfer to KF or Asia miles? Previously for every $1 spent, you received effectively 0.752 KF/Asia miles. But now, with the 1.25 reward points per $1 domestic spend, you receive 0.94 KF/Asia miles. Is my logic right? If so, and if wanting Asia miles, the Citi Visa is now better than the Amex Platinum?

Also, with this awesome international 3 points per $1 spend, I should definitely be using the Citi card overseas? Woooo! Unless I'm reading things wrong...

I also have the free plat and have received the letter !!

I have the fee free card and received the good news letter yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back