Answered - Citibank Prestige - waiting period required for bonus eligibility? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Citibank Prestige - waiting period required for bonus eligibility?

Jack3193

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I asked this in an old thread, but no response - I'm sure people on here will know the answer so I thought I'd give it another go.

Does anyone know how long you have to wait after cancelling the Citi Prestige to become eligible for bonus points when applying for a new one?

And am I correct that holding another Citibank card (specifically the Signature) does not me you ineligible for bonus points with a new Prestige card?

For context, I cancelled my Citi Prestige in January this year, and I currently hold the Citi Signature card. There is nothing in the T&Cs that I can see to suggest that this is (a) for new Citibank customers only, or (b) that a waiting period is required between cancelling and reapplying. So I'm hoping the answer is that I can avail of the current 150k bonus point offer, but as the fee is $700 I would like to reassure myself that I really am eligible first!

villemus

Flights
My Map
Call up the call center to ask, I cancelled mine for more than a year, but when I was talking to them, they don't seem to care

Irishbazz

Flights
My Map
Was wondering the same and after emailing customer support this is their reply.

"We advise that the promotions shown on our website are offered to all
new applications regardless if you had/have an account with us."

So no waiting periods in between applications or if you currently hold a card with them. Please double check prior to any future applications.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dino123