Status
Not open for further replies.

DeKa

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Red
My Citi app on iOS just updated and there’s a new function for my Citibank Plus Account called “Smart Wallet”.

I’m trying to figure out if it changes Citi Plus to a Citi Global Currency account (which is actually not as good for taking funds out at ATMs overseas as Citi Plus. I can’t find this feature documented anywhere online. Does anyone have further info?

I’m trying to figure out if it changes Citi Plus to a Citi Global Currency account

All it does is to save you the hassle of the need to re-link your debit card to the correct currency when used overseas.

So say if you went to the USA and made a purchase with the debit card which is linked to the Citi Plus account back home, the system will detect that you are trying to transact using USD and if you have sufficient USD available in your Global Currency account it will automatically debit that. Before Smart Wallet you would have to manually link the debit card to the Global Currency account and change it back on your return, so this just removes that step.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back