Citibank Platinum vs Suncorp Platinum, any difference in features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malteese

Need your advice, I know Suncorp CC is owned/managed by Citibank. Looking at Suncorp website, their annual fee and interest is lower.

Although their features are similar (except max limit is lower) to Citibank, so is Suncorp Platinum a better deal? What am I missing? Thanks.

Seem to be same. I could not see what the points arecapped at. I think Citi caps there Plat card at 100,000 points

I tested Suncorp's customer service by calling their credit card general enquiries line and it was answered by an Aussie based in Sydney! He told me that general enquiries and new applications are handled locally but the rest like fraud and collections are handled overseas. I think that's better than Citibank??

I'm amazed, what's the catch?

I tested Suncorp's customer service by calling their credit card general enquiries line and it was answered by an Aussie based in Sydney! He told me that general enquiries and new applications are handled locally but the rest like fraud and collections are handled overseas. I think that's better than Citibank??

I'm amazed, what's the catch?

i am in the same boat my plat card is up renewal and i do not mind paying a fee but if i can get the same service at a cheaper price then perhaps i will consider this card

Seem to be same. I could not see what the points arecapped at. I think Citi caps there Plat card at 100,000 points

Citi Plat is 120k.

A problem I see with this card is that it only pays a measly 0.666 per $ to QFF, so presumbly the same for Velocity and Krisflyer.

In that case I will get one if it is not capped.

Having searched the Suncorp site to find out what capping occurs ( not one reference about capping) for the Suncorp Platinum card , I finally phoned Suncorp and was informed that the card is capped at 120,000 points ( $1 = 1 QFF point ).
Also the points cannot be transfered to any other airline.

Need your advice, I know Suncorp CC is owned/managed by Citibank. Looking at Suncorp website, their annual fee and interest is lower.

Although their features are similar (except max limit is lower) to Citibank, so is Suncorp Platinum a better deal? What am I missing? Thanks.

So $205 as opposed to $250 (i've got them to reduce this to $125 for the last couple of years) and lower interest if you do not pay it off in full each month.

I think i'll see what Citi's new card has to offer on 1st July!

Not sure about Suncorp's, but was just offered a Citibank Emirates Platinum with bonus 10k skyward miles after first purchase. You also get 1 free lounge entry per year if the flights are purchased on the card.

Having only recently purchased emirates flights the offer wasn't that attractive. With a long layover in Brisbane I called them and said that if they can get creative and offer me an initial complimentary access to the Brisbane lounge (ie a voucher or some other arrangement) then I'd be attracted to the product and apply for it.

They wouldn't budge, just kept repeating "policy and procedure" and that I'd have to purchase flights on the card to get access to the lounge. I broke it into simple language, "get me that access for nominated date and I'll apply for your card", they wouldn't budge. We both lose, no new customer for them and no lounge access for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back