Citibank OTP auto opt in from April 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippin_the_rift

Established Member
From April 21, security questions are replaced with OTP (for those who have not opt in).

Takes 10min to receive SMS, and I'm logged out before that time...

Anyone else not a fan?

I called the Select line to try and opt out. Told them I'd take full responsibility for any fraud or hacked passwords but alas no.

Biggest downside for me is that since OTP screen was introduced citibank no longer works in XERO :( :(

Even though I've been using OTP for quite some time now, Citibank is still sending me emails on this. But the SMS has always been instantaneous...

Even though I've been using OTP for quite some time now, Citibank is still sending me emails on this. But the SMS has always been instantaneous...

Tried this morning via PC and mobile web browser. Received SMS in under 2 seconds.

Android app is refusing to log in thou.

Going by the original thread linked to in post 2, the security stuff does not happen until you try to access certain "sensitive" menu options.

Essentially the OTP just slows their level of service for customers - Citi seem a bit paranoid when it comes to security.

I hope I don't lose my mobile phone.

Or even not have it with you - I lent mine to relatives who were visiting from overseas so they can use it to contact me on my work mobile while they were out and about. I logged onto Citibank and totally forgot about the OTP so had to wait until they were back...

This is really pissing me off as it's broken Citibank in Yodlee MoneyCenter.

bear in mind, that the mobile phone app can generate an OTP while offline as well.

This is really pissing me off as it's broken Citibank in Yodlee MoneyCenter.

It hasn't for me... If I click manual update, it asks me for the OTP (which I generate in the app) and Yodlee (ANZ in my case) downloads the data.

It hasn't for me... If I click manual update, it asks me for the OTP (which I generate in the app) and Yodlee (ANZ in my case) downloads the data.
I get the SMS but nothing pops up asking for it in Yodlee :(

From April 21, security questions are replaced with OTP (for those who have not opt in).
Takes 10min to receive SMS, and I'm logged out before that time...
Anyone else not a fan?

I have never had to wait longer than 5 seconds for an SMS to arrive from Citibank (Or any other bank that uses SMS authentication)
There is also a link you can click on to have another SMS sent to you if the first one does not come through.

I hope I don't lose my mobile phone.

There is a physical token available (As long as you do not inform them that you have an android phone or iphone)

I am not sure if you can use it in addition to SMS security so the token is only used if you lose your phone.

Last edited:
There is a physical token available (As long as you do not inform them that you have an android phone or iphone)

I am not sure if you can use it in addition to SMS security so the token is only used if you lose your phone.

I called Citi about this and they assured me that the hard tokens work alongside the SMS OTP, so they've ordered me a hard token because I use a BlackBerry and I occasionally travel overseas and don't want problems accessing my accounts because I'm waiting on an SMS to arrive (once bitten, twice shy).

If you register a mobile app, they stop sending you SMS. I was kinda hoping that they would figure that this is a bad idea and that they'd be slaughtered on SMS costs, but alas.

I'm pretty cut about the Yodlee thing too. Deleted my accounts, and now can't add them back. Yodlee still thinks it has the 3 questions security setup. Posted on their forums, no response.

If you register a mobile app, they stop sending you SMS. I was kinda hoping that they would figure that this is a bad idea and that they'd be slaughtered on SMS costs, but alas.

I'm pretty cut about the Yodlee thing too. Deleted my accounts, and now can't add them back. Yodlee still thinks it has the 3 questions security setup. Posted on their forums, no response.

Really? ANZ Money Manager / Yodlee is working fine for me. Hit update, it asks me for the OTP, enter it and the transactions are updated.

If you register a mobile app, they stop sending you SMS.

You can still receive SMS even if you have your mobile registered. Log in on a computer, wait for it to ask you for your OTP by mobile, there is an option at the bottom of the screen allowing you to request SMS immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back