Citibank Gold - Is it any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis

I often receive unsolicited offers to become a Citibank Gold Visa/Mastercard holder. Until now have not considered taking up their offer, but on looking through this site found opinions on both sides of the fence, though the majority of postings appear to deal with the Platinum card or Citibank not crediting, or taking their sweet time to credit points. On in fact checking their website, their application from the website offers 5000 bonus points to both the applicant and any existing card holder for referral.
Obviously I would prefer to take this later path rather than their unsolicted offers which have no such bonus points. However the more important issue is - Is it worth applying for the Citibank Gold Card or is the program with them not all it is cracked up to be ? A referal would be nice from someone who finds the Citibank experience worthwhile..........

Denis, this is much the same as the private email I sent you....

My experience of CITIBANK (CB) has completely soured.

I've recently cancelled my GOLD Visa card with CB. I applied for the second time, to get their PLATINUM Visa card. I met all their advertised requirements.... proven income over $100K pa, accountant verification, good credit rating etc. etc. I even sent them copies of my Group Certificates for 2002 / 2003 income.

Their response: "After careful consideration....... we are unable to establish a Platinum card account for you at this time....."

WHAT ELSE DO THEY REQUIRE???

I spoke with senior staff over the telephone, and I was informed of the "exclusiveness" of the Platinum card offer.

So, I informed them..... if you can't "offer" me your Platinum card account, them I can not "offer" to maintain my current Gold card account.

"CLOSE IT..... NOW!"

.......now you CB experienced people out there will no doubt be saying...... "I hope he transfferred his points out first!".

I know, I know.... serves me bloo*Y - well right! I DIDN'T...... and now CB have told me, that all points in my account were cancelled 24hrs. after I closed my card account.

Morale of the story..... Transfer your points out of CB BEFORE you close your account with them.
Further, my experience is.... that ALL credit card suppliers are crooks in one regard or another! While I've tried to find the 'best' card for my purposes, my experience has taught me, that NO CARD supplier is prefect. There is always going to be something they do that doesn't benefit you, or even makes it harder for you in some way.

Well, I wonder what damn card I'm going to get next?

banging my head against the wall......

Now Gordon did you know that when you apply for particular credit cards and fail, it goes against your credit record and you have to wait 3 months or more to clear your record. It also affects mortgage applications. :(

REDRAT, yes... I'm aware of that OTHER nasty organisation, called BAYCORP ADVANTAGE.... the credit reference reporting company. Actually, I think it stays on your record for five years!

Ever since I stopped taking the big white tablet in the morning.... I feel like the whole world is against me!

keep on keeping on......

Gordon said:
REDRAT, yes... I'm aware of that OTHER nasty organisation, called BAYCORP ADVANTAGE.... the credit reference reporting company. Actually, I think it stays on your record for five years!

Ever since I stopped taking the big white tablet in the morning.... I feel like the whole world is against me!

keep on keeping on......

Change from the tablet to the luverly beer/wine at night. It cetainly generates inspirational thoughts for this forum. :p

Change from the tablet to the luverly beer/wine at night. It cetainly generates inspirational thoughts for this forum.

The price is also better if you are able to utilise the QF club for that beer/wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back