Citibank Finally come to the party

• Thread starter Deleted member 6404
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6404

Hi all,
After twice getting rejected for the Annual Fee Free for life Gold Card. I was ready to close my exsisting Gold Card visa card that I had with them for the last 7 years. Firstly I called my accountant to see if they called him, they didn't.
I called 13 24 84 and asked why I was rejected, since they didn't even speak to my accountant , there reply was because I already had a citibank gold card visa, I said that I was that upset with their decision that I wanted to close my existing Visa card, he then put me through to custmer relations after some discussions he offered to waiver my annual fee for this year only,and make a request for me to have my application reassesed. (5 days Later)
I finally got a call from Citibank to say that my existing Gold Card will now be Annual Fee Free for life YYYYeeeeeeHHHHAAAA:D :D :D I am very happy

Who says Citibank isn't flexable:eek: :eek: :)

when you said you were going to cancel your Gold car did you have any citibank points you were giving up on ?

My dad in same position, been with Citibank gold card for a few years but being charged, i think, $110 a year. Wants to cancel but if he does then he loses all the points he has accumlated.

If he threaten to cancel and hopes they waive annual fee for life its a good outcome but what if they dont blink so they cancel the card and he looses all those points ?

cbert said:
when you said you were going to cancel your Gold car did you have any citibank points you were giving up on ?

My dad in same position, been with Citibank gold card for a few years but being charged, i think, $110 a year. Wants to cancel but if he does then he loses all the points he has accumlated.

If he threaten to cancel and hopes they waive annual fee for life its a good outcome but what if they dont blink so they cancel the card and he looses all those points ?

Well he has to convert his points like I did, to say QFF before he calls and threatens to cancel his card just in case they say ok we will, thats the risk he takes but at least he wont lose his points. and its good to have a back up CC from some one else just in case, mined you I planned all this before they rejected my application, so as soon as I found out I quickly faxed a letter to Citibank and asked them to reasses my application and told them how unhappy I was, Then made a call to Citibank the next day to cancel my card and the rest is history.

Cheers:D

Does anyone know whether they do another credit file check (e.g. Baycorp) when you already have a Gold Visa with them and then apply for a free-for-life one?

gregff said:
Does anyone know whether they do another credit file check (e.g. Baycorp) when you already have a Gold Visa with them and then apply for a free-for-life one?

I don't know for sure, though I'd suspect that they do.

How does one get invited to apply for, or request, a free Citibank Gold card?

I have been a Citibank Gold Visa Card holder for some years now, and regularly get invited to become a Platinum card member. Todate I have never taken up the Pt Card offer, but would be happy to hear your views on this product, but would like to understand how I can get a free Gold or Pt card from them.

We have two cards off the one account and spend about A$3-4k per month on them.

Tnx in anticipation;) .

Note that you might find that T&C of this offer preclude existing Citibank customer from applying.:-|

(f course no links to them appear at the first page, only towards the end where you have to indicate you have read and understand them :rolleyes:)

I probably should do the same, since I've already been with them for quite a while.

hmm.. I should joing QFF and migrate the points then. Do points expire with QFF?

straitman said:
Not if you have some activity within a 36 year period.
36 Years! That is a generous FF program. Perhaps you meant 36 months Bill!

Hi all has anyone else had any luck with getting Citibank to change their normal Citibank Gold card to fee free Gold card, or am I the only lucky one :D

Mine you I didn't get a letter from them saying that My card was now fee free. Only after speaking to the customer relatons officer he told me to give them a call on 13 24 84 in 3 days time to confirm it was now fee free, I did call and it was confirmed that I had fee free for life card, and the rest is history.

cheers

johnnyk said:
Hi all has anyone else had any luck with getting Citibank to change their normal Citibank Gold card to fee free Gold card, or am I the only lucky one :D

Mine you I didn't get a letter from them saying that My card was now fee free. Only after speaking to the customer relatons officer he told me to give them a call on 13 24 84 in 3 days time to confirm it was now fee free, I did call and it was confirmed that I had fee free for life card, and the rest is history.

cheers

After failing to apply for the citibank gold master (twice) to replace my current gold mastercard, I decided to maybe try the silver card instead....

looks like it got approved!!! just waiting for verifications of my details.

Guess I'm losing out on the free travel insurance though.

serfty said:
Note that you might find that T&C of this offer preclude existing Citibank customer from applying.:-|

(of course no links to them appear at the first page, only towards the end where you have to indicate you have read and understand them :rolleyes:)

No links period.

In fact, on the "Submit" page there's a statement that says the T&Cs accompany the card, if issued, and you agree to accept them upon first use of the card.

Here are the words:

Any offer to me arising from this application would be an offer by Citibank Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 2308098 ("Citibank")
- to enter into a credit contract on the terms and conditions that will be sent with any card issued in response to this application ("Terms and Conditions").
- that is accepted by first use of the credit facility or card issued in response to this application.

UNQUOTE

There's also reference to Rewards Points but it is not clear that participation in the Rewards program is either automatic or free:

Your Card may entitle you to loyalty benefits under either our Cash Back Card, Platinum Rewards Programme, or Citibank Rewards Programmes. We may disclose your personal or transaction information to those who assist us to deliver these loyalty benefits to you, to facilitate this delivery. For example Qantas Airways Limited for the purpose of awarding Qantas Frequent Flyer Points, if applicable.

UNQUOTE

Called to cancel my current citibank gold mastercard after recieving the fees free silver one and they didn't even offer to waive the annual fees or anything... :( they just told me would like like to consider any other products (as if!!!)

But the cancellation department is closed on weekends so someone with give me a call back on monday.

I'll have to cancel my diners club with them as well. I was earning 1.25 points for every $1 spent and the points were being transfered to that gold mastercad account every month. I called up diners club, and they told me I can not switch the auto-transfer of points to the silver card. They even said that if I cancel the gold mastercard, the diners club card will no longer earn any points in the future (unless I join diners club rewards membership).

So if comes monday and they don't offer me anything, it looks like citibank will be losing 2 accounts from me.

Ok just got the call from citibank. Their first offer was $50 off the annual fees. Of course I rejected that straight away. Their excuse was that the fees are required to sustain the cost of rewards/free travel insurances etc. I told them it was bollocks! They charge tranactions fees so that alone should be able to cover any cost with more for profits. Considering it's a percentage of the transaction amount and not a fixed yearly amount.

Placed me on hold and came back to offer a refund for this year's annual fee of $119. Better than nothing, so I'm staying with htem for another year. I'll slowly migrate all my direct debited bills to the silver card and try to cancel again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back