Citibank Diners Club Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyguy

Has anyone else received a pre-approved Citibank Diners CC letter (a partner to the VISA CC).

It appears to bequite attractive (even though Diners is not widely accepted) with:

• No CC fee (2 for 1 deal as you only pay a fee on the VISA)
    No additional cardholder fee
    No membership rewards fee
    1.25 points per dollar

Any thoughts?

If there is no annual fee then I would be happy to get this. I am waiting for this offer!

Citibank own the Diners Club biz in Australia, pretty low cost way for them to avoid the intercharge crackdown, I am suprised they have not done this before.

I would probably be tempted to take up this offer. While it is not widely accepted, it is accepted in enough places (hotels/restaraunts) that there would be a benefit to me in taking the extra points.

But as yet, haven't received it. They seem to only ever send me offers to increase my credit limit to some off the planet figure.

Extract from letter sent by Citibank

Letter sent from Citibank...

Earn 25% more Citibank Reward points, at no extra cast

2 March 2005

In recognition of your excellent payment record, you been preapproved for a Citibank Diners Club Card that rewards you with 25% more Citibank Reward points for every AUD$1 spent. That's 1.25 points for every dollar you spend on Citibank Diners Club Card.

By partnering a Diners Club Card with your Citibank Credit Card, not only will you enjoy greater recognition and financial freedom, but you'll also enjoy a range of exclusive benefits including:

• Two cards, one rewards programme - spending on either card will earn you points in your Citibank Rewards Programme, with Citibank Diners Club Card earnig you 25% more Cictbank Rewards points.

No additional fees - your Diners Club Card carries no annual fee, so you get two cards for the price of one! Even additional cards for family members are complimentary.

No pre-set spending limit on your Diners Club.

If you would like more information on the advantages of partnering your Citibank Credit Card with a Diners Club Card, please call Diners Club on 1300 360 060.

Well, this offer hasn't turned up in my mail box, so I guess I'm not considered worthy :shock:

oz_mark said:
Well, this offer hasn't turned up in my mail box, so I guess I'm not considered worthy :shock:

Well it arrived today....Maybe they are sending them out in batches to help manage the flood of applications for the card :)

Sn00py said:
does it offer appy to citibank mastercard customers?

I can only assume that Citibank does not discriminate between VISA and MCARD. In saying that, I received the offer and I have a VISA.

Maybe give Citibank a call and enquire about the offer??

oz_mark said:
oz_mark said:

Well it arrived today....Maybe they are sending them out in batches to help manage the flood of applications for the card :)

In regards to the application, I have never had a credit card application turn around as quickly as this. I faxed back the acceptance of the offer and had a credit card in my hand five days later. This period included a weekend and delivery to WA.

Boy thaey must be keen to get you spending (which I have no problems with if they are going to give me 1:1.25 QFF conversion rate.

The offer letter doesn't mention that I have a Visa card anywhere on it, and the picture of "the credit card" doesn't have a Visa logo on it either.

I think there are various factors at work in this promotion:

1) The RBA changes that affected the fee incomes of credit cards
2) Diners club really need to get their card into more peoples hands

Does anyone know much about these airport lounges that it gives access to?

thanks for the info

from the diner club section
the acceptance diners have been improved by the ability to use mastercard accepted terminals? this should be good news.

If they are DC lounges then what I recall from sticking my head in the one they used to have in AKL it was very basic. Quiet, comfortable but only tea/coffee.

The list doesn't mention it so it may have been closed.

This was about 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back