Citibank - customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

netaddict

Has anyone had any dealings with Citibank customer service that is a positive or negative experience?

Every time I have called I have reached a international call centre. The operators can bearly speak good english and if they can understand you it's also amazing. Clearly English is not their first language.

When I challenged a operator on where my call went she stated they could not disclsoe it for security reasons, even the country. Find it rather amazing as in todays society of outsourcing any company that takes calls in Australia is generally glad to tell you about it.

I have since written a letter to Citibank to complain about their customer service and that they are unlikely to get any further busienss from me and will loose existing accounts based on their response.

Do you have any feedback/experience in dealing with Citibank customer service?

netaddict,
I suppose you can call it a positive experience when Citibank offer you a $10,000 increase in your credit limit. I wouldn't normally accept that type of offer but I use the CB Plat all the time when travelling and it's nice to know I've got all that mega reserve in place. It's a weird feeling knowing that you can purchase a vehicle outright on credit.
Getting back to the reality of your post I found CB most helpful as soon as I got through all the automated operator stuff. I don't really have any problems with the CS being located o/s as long as they do a good job.

In the process of rationalising my credit cards, part of which WAS to retire my ANZ Gold FF Visa and replace it with a CB Gold Visa, I've had the honour of dealing with CB's customer service.

I have to say that the people I spoke to were very polite, and were in Australia!

The downside is that they were no help in telling me why they declined my application. I got a copy of my Credit Report to check, and that's fine, and I have a Diners Club card (which CB runs in Aust) which I have never defaulted on... and I still have no clue why they declined me.

So while they were very polite, there was no flexibility in being able to give me a hint as to why they don't want my business.

I've had a mix of experiences with citibank.

50% of the time, I get a perfect CSA, english or australian origin.
I just hangup if I cant understand them.

Do platinum customers get put through to a different call center?

They do.... or so CB say !

That's one of the benefits of being a PLAT !

BTW.... I've found the CS staff to be OK, unless they're telling me 'bad' news. It's just a personality thing with some people.... bad news is bad news ! Some people absolutely hate it, and feel as if they want to 'get back at them' somehow. "Hanging up" is one of those ways, so it 'abusing' the person on the other end.

Admittedly, I've done it myself... when I'm having a bad day !

Now... where's my therapist's phone number ????

bye!

Hi Jdt,

I currently have both an ANZ gold visa card and a Commonwealth gold visa card (which is free to me because of my affiliations).

I find the ANZ card to have significantly better "benefits", such as no ($4) fee when getting a cash advance form an overseas ATM.

You should consider yourself lucky you were declined by CBA.

Regards,
clifford.

jdt said:
In the process of rationalising my credit cards, part of which WAS to retire my ANZ Gold FF Visa and replace it with a CB Gold Visa, I've had the honour of dealing with CB's customer service.

I have to say that the people I spoke to were very polite, and were in Australia!

The downside is that they were no help in telling me why they declined my application. I got a copy of my Credit Report to check, and that's fine, and I have a Diners Club card (which CB runs in Aust) which I have never defaulted on... and I still have no clue why they declined me.

So while they were very polite, there was no flexibility in being able to give me a hint as to why they don't want my business.

I had the same problem with commonwealth... except mine was petty.. they declined my 2500$ limit increase (so i could get gold card), even after telling them id replace it with my anz gold visa... no go

called to ask why, no reason given.

That is when i stopped doing business with CBA.
Dont put up with it

citibank all the way to..the bank! ;)

redrat said:
netaddict,
I suppose you can call it a positive experience when Citibank offer you a $10,000 increase in your credit limit. I wouldn't normally accept that type of offer but I use the CB Plat all the time when travelling and it's nice to know I've got all that mega reserve in place. It's a weird feeling knowing that you can purchase a vehicle outright on credit.
Getting back to the reality of your post I found CB most helpful as soon as I got through all the automated operator stuff. I don't really have any problems with the CS being located o/s as long as they do a good job.

I agree with redrat. No problems. Just need to listen more carefully on the phone and ask call centre person to repeat what you can't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back