citi rewards points changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripper

The rewards points are changing in regards to transferring to Velocity & Kris flyer the new rate of exchange is 2 rewards points equals 1 velocity or kris flyer as stated by operater. But their website still lets you transfer at the rate of 1.5 reward point equals 1 velocity or kris flyer. Dont know when the website is suppose to change????

I tweeted Citi last week about the changes that still hadn't gone live on their website. They got back to me yesterday morning to say that the websites have been updated. And so they had 

Drats, the reason why I joined them was to score their 60k citirewards to 40k KF points
Now that will be 30KF points only which doesnt make it worth it anymore
Sheesh that is really annoying!

I have a Citibank Platinum. I got the card about 3 months ago because of the 60,000 bonus citibank points. Does that mean that 60,000 points now only can be convert into 30,000? The conversion rate is still 1.5 citibank point into 1 Velocity point. However, when I tried to go to the next step, it tells me to call the call center. Does anyone else know what's going on?

I cant find anything about the change on the Citi website.
Is there somewhere you can refer me to about the 2 pts for Citi Select redemptions for Virgin?
Thanks.

I tweeted Citi last week about the changes that still hadn't gone live on their website. They got back to me yesterday morning to say that the websites have been updated. And so they had 

Where abouts??

Can you provide a link?

Surely they would need to provide some notice?

Checking my account I see:

Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
Citibank cardholders can transfer points to Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program at:
1.5 Citibank reward points = 1 KrisFlyer Mile, and redemptions must be in multiples of 15,000 Citibank reward points.

Velocity Rewards
Citibank Cardholders can transfer points to Velocity Rewards at:
1.5 Citibank reward points = 1 Velocity Point, and redemptions must be in multiples of 15,000 Citibank reward points.

Asia Miles:
Citibank Select Cardholders can transfer points to Asia Miles at:
2 Citibank reward points = 1 Mile, and redemptions must be in multiples of 5,000 Citibank reward points.

The only notice was when I rang to see what the current exchange rate was. To be informed to my amazement that points had changed to ..... 2 citi reward points to 1 frequent flyer point Velocity, Kris, Qantas, asia miles all the same.
But was able to change my points on the website at the rate of 1.5 citi reward points to 1 velocity point. So I hope some of the members or readers of this forum was able to take advantage of this sitution. So the Citi Select card is now a worst reward card that the virgin platinum high flyer, citi business gold card or on the same earn rate of woolworths everyday rewards card.
So not a great card for unlimited points as other cards give the same points of better for a lot less fee.
So unless their is a change in the point system before my card is up for renewal next year, it will get the flick.:(:(:(:!::!::!:

Is it possible they misunderstood what you were asking? The Select is 2pt per $ spent so maybe that was the 2:1 ratio they mentioned?

I find it very hard to believe that they'd have QF/DJ and Enrich, Asia Miles all converting at the same rate as they have fundamentally different values. Not to mention that there's been no correspondence and no sign of any new conversion ratio on their site. And thirdly the fact that you could still convert at the old rate (and my better half converted to QF at 1:1 yesterday also).

Recently upgraded to citi select. I asked points question. I was told, 2 citi rewards for $1.00 . 1.5 citi rewards to 1 kris flyer mile. I asked if there were any changes coming up and she said no.

Thank you Imere12 for your latest post on Citi Select as we are away at the moment.

Is rate change only for the Select card or for all cards including the Gold and Platinum? sounds like it is for all cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back