Citi Bank Gold Credit card $1 = 1 pt fee free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thanks for the info. I was considering the Citibank silver to replace my Ezy Mastercard at $69 plus $19 for supplementary. I will check this out.

This looks like a fantastic deal. I'm going to sign up - although after the CitiBank ReadyCredit "one off $160 fee" on their "no annual fee" accounts, I'm not sure that this will last. I note that it would usually be in blocks of 5000 points for transfer to QFF points - the 10000 point blocks are the only other change that I can see.

But a Gold card with no annual fee ever and rewards points? Seems too good to be true, doesn't it?

Is there a rewards program fee that you have to pay with CitiBank?

I wonder if you can switch to this fee free Citibank gold card if you already have one...;) Who is going to ring (India!) and ask?:mrgreen:

Hi FFlyers,

The direct link to apply is Citibank Gold Card

For the Platinum they are offering no annual fee for first year only
Citibank Platinum

Be warned of the 18.99% interest rate, probably higher for cash advances.

I am probably going to apply for the Gold one and then possibly cancel the CBA Platinum.

It seems like an unbelievable offer to have a no annual free, frequent flyer credit card and the fact it is Visa and not an AMEX means that it is widely accepted.

And Citibank offer for "loyal customers", a fee-free Diners card offering 1.25 points.

I have already gone ahead and applied for this. So much for the "60 second response" - they have told me that they are processing my application and they will get back to me. How long do you have to wait for them to finish their processing?

If this is a Gold Visa for life with no annual fee and a 1:1 rewards program (even taking into account having to transfer in blocks of 10000 points), and purchase security and overseas travel insurance, then this seems like a fantastic deal, and a great replacement for my Woolworths EzyBanking Mastercard. Downsides are the 2.5% currency conversion fees, and the reports of bad CitiBank customer service. It will be interesting.

I applied for this card too just then. Hopefully we all get the new credit card soon. I was initially planning to get an Earth Card. This is definitely better than Earth Card by miles.

How much does it cost for supplementary card for this offer? I could not see any details with it.

Another thing, I suggest u all make a copy of this offer somewhere in case Citibank challenge this offer ...... Surely we need to be careful with this, right?

I am still trying to look for fine fine fine print of this offer ... it is almost too good to be true.

Last edited:
Yes, I would indeed suggest you print out a copy of the offer as I have done so to avoid future problems. For all I know, their system could magically charge the fee. However when you apply for the offer before you press "submit" it does indeed say "no annual fee for life". Perhaps they hope you will pay the 18.99% interest.

Admin - can you merge this thread with the one in the Citibank Rewards forum and possibly sticky that thread.

The link for this fee free card is through a broker of some sort. Although I have no problem going through a broker I am a little hesitant about using links through a third party unless I am sure it is legit, afterall I am giving lots of personal information. So, I phoned Citibank and asked if they have an offer through that site.

The answer (from the guy in India) was they were unaware of it and I should apply direct with them and pay the annual fee "for security purposes". I said there was a big difference between fee free and $119 so could they check for me, answer no.

Must admit I don't take this as absolutely correct. He kept calling me MR snufl and I'm female (don't think my voice is that deep). I know some of you have applied already, would you please let me know if you get a response from Citibank.

damn. I applied for a silver 3 weeks ago and got the card last week with no special offer. Then I saw this offer. So I called this morning:

1. They couldn't upgrade my silver to this no fee ever gold since my card is less then 3 month old!!... bad luck again. So I assume for most of you, you will get an upgrade... but maybe that was just an excuse for them.
They did appear to be surprised that I know this offer and actually have a link. I just told them I heard from a friend.

2. Then I proposed to cancel my current silver and apply for this gold offer... immediately transferred to a "relationship" officer. I was told to apply for the new one online and keep the current silver active. The assessment officer will determine whether my silver will be upgraded or cancelled for the new gold card.

3. My wife is also applying for this as herself. :p

fingers crossed.

I have created a PDF of this offer and attached to this thread, so that this "evidence" is kept somewhere :) Just in case they removed the webpage and chellenge us in the future :)

View attachment 24

kpc said:
I wonder if you can switch to this fee free Citibank gold card if you already have one...;) Who is going to ring (India!) and ask?:mrgreen:

OK, I sacrificed myself and called India.

She told me to apply online and get it, then they can combine the credit limits of two cards to the new card.

snufl said:
The link for this fee free card is through a broker of some sort. Although I have no problem going through a broker I am a little hesitant about using links through a third party unless I am sure it is legit

Doesn't look like it. The link is ahttp://www.citibank.com.au/cardsoffer/offers/gold_nofee_A.htm which clearly is Citibank

So, I phoned Citibank and asked if they have an offer through that site.

The answer (from the guy in India) was they were unaware of it

That's Citibank for ya!

I called, and a lady answered. I asked her about the offer, and her answer was "Yes".

I have now heard from Citibank that they think this link may be fraudulent and I should report it. Have sent an email to the address they gave me and will post as soon as I get a reply.

snufl said:
I have now heard from Citibank that they think this link may be fraudulent and I should report it. Have sent an email to the address they gave me and will post as soon as I get a reply.
What is the link you believe to be a broker or fraudulent? All I have seen is *.citibank.com.au and I have no indications that there is anything strange about that address.

This is the original link posted Credit Cards: Compare citibank credit cards – Apply Online There is also another link from Credit Mart - Credit Cards, Home Loans, Car Loans & more It says it gets its information from Infochoice but there is no offer on Infochoice. I am not saying it is fraudulent and I don't want it to be, I want the fee free offer. However I was transferred from India to someone who sounded like an aussie and was told ANY special offers can be accessed through the main Citibank site. He told me not to enter any personal information and to report it as it could be fraudulent. I wasn't going to post, but I thought if there was even the smallest chance, I should pass it on.

I clicked on the link and followed the prompts to apply for the card (not that I am going to as I already have one) but the link had the secure padlock with the verification certificate issued by Verisign to cards.citibank.com.au which I would think gives some comfort that it is legit. Having said this, I don't know how hard it is to get a fake verification certificate.

Anybody know how Citibank does the 100 point ID check?

Given that they don't have branches, were do we have to go?

Hope it is not too time consuming.

mileagemax said:
Anybody know how Citibank does the 100 point ID check?

Given that they don't have branches, were do we have to go?

Hope it is not too time consuming.

over the counter at a post office. took me 10mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back