Churning Timeframes

Pom-DownUnder

Heya Guys,

Quick one, I got a Qantas credit card a few years ago when it was running 120k bonus points, ended up getting good usage and points from the day to day of the card aswell so used it until recently.

Had the card about 3 years, just cancelled it. Got points every month from it but only got the bonus 3 years ago.

How long till I can churn this particular card? 12 months from closing?

Thanks.

Will depend on which card it was. Go to the bank website and look at that cards current terms and conditions. Probably 12 or 18 months. Doesn’t stop you from applying with a different bank though

Heya Guys,

Quick one, I got a Qantas credit card a few years ago when it was running 120k bonus points, ended up getting good usage and points from the day to day of the card aswell so used it until recently.

Had the card about 3 years, just cancelled it. Got points every month from it but only got the bonus 3 years ago.

How long till I can churn this particular card? 12 months from closing?

Thanks.
It's unclear which credit card you are referring to. When you want to churn the next card check the exclusion period for the same card. Potentially 0 months to 18 months depending upon which card you are referring to for the churn.

It's unclear which credit card you are referring to. When you want to churn the next card check the exclusion period for the same card. Potentially 0 months to 18 months depending upon which card you are referring to for the churn.
All cards I've seen are 12 months with only Amex being 18 months. What cards have you seen that are 0 months?

Back