checkmytrip equivalent? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

checkmytrip equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Does anyone know how I can check a United award booking (on NZ) given a 6 digit alphanumeric reference number? It doesn't show up on checkmytrip, virtuallythere, viewtrip or on the United site itself!

Cheers!

stryker

StevePER said:
Does anyone know how I can check a United award booking (on NZ) given a 6 digit alphanumeric reference number? It doesn't show up on checkmytrip, virtuallythere, viewtrip or on the United site itself!

Cheers!
Hi Steve,

I guess it depends on how and where and for which airline you made the original booking.

If it's a Mileage Plus award redemption entirely on non-UA metal, it won't show up on the UA website.

I'm not aware of anywhere else on the Internet you could access it either.

StevePER

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
stryker said:
If it's a Mileage Plus award redemption entirely on non-UA metal, it won't show up on the UA website.
That's exactly what it is.

Thanks for the response!

Kiwi Flyer

Air NZ uses their own system (carina) so there is no way to look up booking on any publicly available site (except certain bookings made on NZ's own website can be looked up on NZ's website). If you want to check up on it, reserve a seat etc then you need to phone in.

cssaus

I have exactly the same issue.

My wife is holding a UA MP *A reservation that doesn't involve any UA flights. The reservation can't even be seen on UA's web site under their "My Itineraries" facility.

A word of advice, if it's a complex itinerary, call up and check every month to make sure that there hasn't been schedule changes that can adversely affect your travel. It happened to my wife yesterday, but that's a subject for a separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Trainor