Check My Trip - FF Number question

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Sequel, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Sequel

Sequel Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Brisbane
    Firstly my appologies, as I know this has been covered many times before (as I remember reading it), but I have just been searching for 1/2 hour to find the answer with no joy.

I have just changed an old QF booking/credit over the phone, and at the end of the conversation asked to have my AA FF number entered into the booking (to replace the QFF number), have since checked on Check My Trip and it says:

Frequent flyer: Qantas Airways - AAJ87****

Is this correct, or should it mention AA instead of QF? Or does QF relate to the flying airline?

Again my appologies, if anyone as a link to one of the other threads where this has been discussed already that would be fine.

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Perfectly correct. For the Qantas Airways sectors, the AA frequent flyer account number J87**** is associated with the booking

Dave

3. Skyring

Skyring Established Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Canberra, Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I've just checked an upcoming trip of mine. QFF on QF metal, and it says: Frequent flyer: Qantas Airways - QF49*****. Presumably the "QF" refers to the FF number.

4. Sequel

Sequel Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Brisbane
    Thanks Dave,

So if I was traveling QF for some sectors & AA for others it would look

Qantas Airways - AA******
    American Airways - AA******

Or different FF Numbers had I wanted to credit QF flights to QFFF and AA flights to AAFF

5. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    that is correct

6. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Hey sequel check out the platinum challenge thread - about 2/3 of the way down the first post is the info. yes I know everyone has answered the specific question, but no one had provided a link as requested and with the amount I spam at the moment I can at least give a little back

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Exactly. The first part is the airline used, the second is the FF program to which that airline's flights will be credited.

8. Sequel

Sequel Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Brisbane
    Thanks everyone