Check-in for international itinerary including overnight stay after domestic flight | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Check-in for international itinerary including overnight stay after domestic flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

defurax

Established Member
Flights
My Map
I really feel like I should know the answer to this...but obviously I don't :oops:

I have booked MEL-SYD-NOU with a 16 hour layover in SYD. Can I use the automated bag drop in MEL and collect my bag in SYD before spending the night at Rydges or do I need to go to the international transfer/service desk first to check in my bag because this is the first leg of an international trip?

isdnman

Intern
Re: Check-in for international itinerary including overnight stay after domestic flig

No, you must collect your bag at SYD and re check in the next morning.
SYD doesn't keep baggages overnight AFAIK.

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Re: Check-in for international itinerary including overnight stay after domestic flig

You must definitely collect your bags in Sydney.

Last edited:

opusman

Collect your bags and re-check the next day. On the bright side, it means you can use F check-in instead of the boring transfer counter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spot23