Changing your billing cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyss

Has anybody ever tried asking for their billing cycle to be changed? I know it sounds frivolous, but I currently have a set up where Westpac automatically deducts the full balance from my savings account at the end of each month.

The savings account is also an offset account for my loan, and the situation is that the end of the billing cycle is off from my pay cycle (also monthly), and it would be ideal if I could arrange it so that the credit card comes after my pay is deposited. It's obviously in my best interests to try and keep the balance as high as possible, and changing the billing date will facilitate this.

Does that make sense, and has anybody ever tried?

Talk to Westpac.
LOL. Thanks, captain obvious!

I was hoping to hear from people who might have tried this before, to see if there's a good or bad way to go about this.

*shrug*

I have managed to shift my Wizard and Amex billing cycles so always payable on the 16-21st...
Very useful for monthly pay on the 15th.

I set and forget the BPAy when I receive the statement, then shift the difference between the paycheque and the bills less some monthly living expenses to a high interest account when the money hits my account.

Has anybody ever tried asking for their billing cycle to be changed? I know it sounds frivolous, but I currently have a set up where Westpac automatically deducts the full balance from my savings account at the end of each month.

Does that make sense, and has anybody ever tried?

Yes have done this with my Earth card, explained that I would be travelling overseas when the payment was due and the consultant offered to change my date to one that was suitable for me.

I did this with ANZ Visa 10 years ago. Similar to you I just started a monthly paying job. Rang and explained about new job getting paid on 15th and bill due on the 12th. CSR said no worries, a once only change was allowed.

I just did this with my Altitude Visa two months ago. Lined it up so that the account closed on the last working day of each month. Made the accountany happy :).

It also improved cash flow by paying supliers overnight on the last day of each month, bumping it to the next billing cycle. It is a one off effect though.

I have done this successfully with Citibank, NAB & Amex.

However I tried to do it with CBA, and they told me No.

CBA can do it, but they need to implode your account and set up a new account manually with your selected billing cycle - meaning new account number etc.

I have done this successfully with Citibank, NAB & Amex.

However I tried to do it with CBA, and they told me No.

About 3 years ago I tried to ask Citibank customer service to change my billing cycle and she said NO. Hmmm...I will try to call them again now...hope I'll be successful this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back