Changing FF number from QF to AA in the lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

vt01

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
374
Points
10
I'm will leave LAX in a few hours for my Platinum challenge flight and want to ensure that I have successfully changed the FF number from QF to my AA number in the lounge at LAX. I read the thread about AA challenges where it says to confirm the change of FF number using www.checkmytrip.com.
My boarding pass now says AAxx_xx_ with the correct number but checkmytrip still says
Traveler: MICHAEL MR xx_xx_
Frequent Flyer: Qantas Airways - QFxx_xx_
with my QF FF number.

Should this update immediately? If not, is there somewhere else I can check?
Thanks
 
Your simple solution to home security. Quickly view what’s happening at home when you're not there, giving you peace of mind.

Simple plug-in installation means you’ll be up and running in no time.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Points
0
vt01 said:
I'm will leave LAX in a few hours for my Platinum challenge flight and want to ensure that I have successfully changed the FF number from QF to my AA number in the lounge at LAX. I read the thread about AA challenges where it says to confirm the change of FF number using www.checkmytrip.com.
My boarding pass now says AAxx_xx_ with the correct number but checkmytrip still says
Traveler: MICHAEL MR xx_xx_
Frequent Flyer: Qantas Airways - QFxx_xx_
with my QF FF number.

Should this update immediately? If not, is there somewhere else I can check?
Thanks
Mike - I'm no expert on this topic but I would go to the desk in the lounge and make the person there change it on their computer before you depart. Make sure there is no QFF number anywhere.
 

vt01

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
374
Points
10
Yada Yada said:
Mike - I'm no expert on this topic but I would go to the desk in the lounge and make the person there change it on their computer before you depart. Make sure there is no QFF number anywhere.
Thanks Yada Yada. That's how I did it. When I arrived in LAX, went straight to the lounge and picked up my boarding pass. Then I went back to the desk and asked them to remove my QF number and put in the AA number.. So now I have a new boarding pass with my AA number on it in the format AAxx_xx_.
But it seems checkmytrip has not been updated. So I'm wondering whether it's real time or not..
 

vt01

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
374
Points
10
I'm slowly sorting myself out here.. I got sick of trying to talk to the people here in LAX in the lounge and not getting anywhere.
So I called FF centre in Aus.. The first person I spoke to deleted the QF number and put in my AA number. I had a look in checkmytrip and it had the wrong entry as described by Dave Noble.
Traveler: MR MY NAME
Frequent Flyer: American Airlines - AAxx_xx_

So I called them back and asked them to delete the number and reenter it.. The person I spoke to said it was still coming up the same.. So I told them what the entry should look like and he did as I asked (wondering why I was asking him to do it this way) - put in QF in the airline field and my AA number in the FF number field.
I had another look at checkmytrip and it finally looks correct.
At the top of the list of flights I have
Traveler: MR MY NAME
Frequent Flyer: Qantas Airways - AAxx_xx_

I can only hope it all posts as I want.. Time will tell.. What a mess!:confused:
 

raccoon111

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
48
Points
0
Should the FF number always show as "<Airline you're taking>- AAxx_xx_" as compared to "American Airlines - AA xx_xx_", even when you've completed the Plat challenge and want to credit flights on say, QF to AAdvantage?
 

vt01

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
374
Points
10
raccoon111 said:
Should the FF number always show as "<Airline you're taking>- AAxx_xx_" as compared to "American Airlines - AA xx_xx_", even when you've completed the Plat challenge and want to credit flights on say, QF to AAdvantage?
That's my understanding from reading the AA platinum challenge thread.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,454
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
vt01 said:
That's my understanding from reading the AA platinum challenge thread.
Your understanding is correct.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Points
0
These sorts of things are why I recommend not putting a QF number anywhere near the booking in the 1st place

Dave
 

vt01

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
374
Points
10
Dave Noble said:
These sorts of things are why I recommend not putting a QF number anywhere near the booking in the 1st place

Dave
In future it won't.. However, this time I hadn't decided to switch to AA yet so it was originally booked with my QF number..

It all looks good so far. The LAX-SYD flight didn't post to QF so it looks like it will go to AA.:D

It still surprises me how little QF reps know about their own systems..
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,454
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
vt01 said:
In future it won't.. However, this time I hadn't decided to switch to AA yet so it was originally booked with my QF number..

It all looks good so far. The LAX-SYD flight didn't post to QF so it looks like it will go to AA.:D

It still surprises me how little QF reps know about their own systems..
You should know pretty soon. My QF flights posted to AA very quickly - much quicker than BA and CX flights, and even faster than some AA flight. QF flights I took on a Thursday were in my candy account by Saturday the same week.
 

vt01

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
374
Points
10
NM said:
You should know pretty soon. My QF flights posted to AA very quickly - much quicker than BA and CX flights, and even faster than some AA flight. QF flights I took on a Thursday were in my candy account by Saturday the same week.
I hope they do after all the bl**dy hassle to get my AA FF entered correctly :mad: .. I haven't seen my phone bill from the 2 lengthy calls I had to make on my calling card to QFF desk in Aus from the AA Flagship Lounge to get the numbers all sorted.

I can only thank Dave Noble again for the excellent AA Platinum Challenge - Tips thread.. Especially the part about how to check that the FF number is entered correctly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,544
Messages
2,151,189
Members
54,538
Latest member
ecocleaning
Top