Chances of confirming waitlisted flights | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Chances of confirming waitlisted flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onepoppa

I have to make a booking before the end of the month to use points which will otherwise expire. The flights I want to book are business class MEL - SIN - MUC - MAN (actually only 2 separate flights SQ228 and SQ328) in April 2015. Both the flights show as waitlisted in business class, although available in economy.

What experience have others had in getting confirmation on a waitlisted flights booked 6 months out?

albatross710

Established Member
I have to make a booking before the end of the month to use points which will otherwise expire. The flights I want to book are business class MEL - SIN - MUC - MAN (actually only 2 separate flights SQ228 and SQ328) in April 2015. Both the flights show as waitlisted in business class, although available in economy.

What experience have others had in getting confirmation on a waitlisted flights booked 6 months out?
The forum is littered with tales of trying to guess the WL progress. You have an unusual situation, what;s your attitude to risk?

a) Do you want to gamble on getting the WL?
b) Would you rather lock in certainty and travel Y?
c) Have you investigated that you the points will carry forward like that with enough time to clear? You can do a one time extension of points expiry.
d) You could use them for Virgin Australia or *A redemption.

Just my late night thoughts.

Alby

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Becklez