Chances of an upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbd089

Newbie
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
8
Points
0
Hello to all you helpful folk,

A quick enquiry. I am currently booked on QF 52 from Singapore-Brisbane on 25th November with a requested upgrade to business. As a lowly Silver QFF I am not holding my breath, although ithe request was processed two months ago.

If there is little chance I am looking to change my flight to an earlier option, thus saving money on accomodation. If someone could forward the expert flyer breakdown for this flight, and also the same flight two days earlier (Thursday 23rd), I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

Craig:)
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Points
0
QF52 25 Nov

J3 C2 D0 I0 U0 Y2 B1 H1 K1 M1 R0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 T0 X0 E0

QF52 23 Nov

J1 C1 D0 I0 U0 Y2 B1 H0 K0 M0 R0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 T0 X0 E0

Based on that I would guess chances are better on 25 Nov - but not looking good either day.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
simongr said:
QF52 25 Nov

J3 C2 D0 I0 U0 Y2 B1 H1 K1 M1 R0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 T0 X0 E0

QF52 23 Nov

J1 C1 D0 I0 U0 Y2 B1 H0 K0 M0 R0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 T0 X0 E0

Based on that I would guess chances are better on 25 Nov - but not looking good either day.

cbd089 wont have a choice unless booked in Y or B - there is no availability to switch to the earlier flight.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
cbd089 said:
A quick enquiry. I am currently booked on QF 52 from Singapore-Brisbane on 25th November with a requested upgrade to business.
I have been on QF51/52 a number of times now and have found that this route is one of the higher utilised QF routes to SIN. Business class has always been full and economy only ever a few seats available, if any.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,445
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
JohnK said:
I have been on QF51/52 a number of times now and have found that this route is one of the higher utilised QF routes to SIN. Business class has always been full and economy only ever a few seats available, if any.
And for this reason it requires more capacity than the 767 it was downgraded to. Used to be a 744, then 743 regularly, then A330 and now down to a 767. This is why I route to Europe via MEL on QF29, as well as the chance for a points upgrade to F.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
NM said:
And for this reason it requires more capacity than the 767 it was downgraded to. Used to be a 744, then 743 regularly, then A330 and now down to a 767.
767! When did this happen? I flew back on QF52 in late July on an A330 and it was very close to full.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,445
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
JohnK said:
767! When did this happen? I flew back on QF52 in late July on an A330 and it was very close to full.
Ahh. My bad. I had the BNE-HKG flight on my brain, not SIN. Lets hope I have not given Qantas any ideas for enhancement on the BNE-SIN route :shock: .
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
NM said:
Ahh. My bad. I had the BNE-HKG flight on my brain, not SIN. Lets hope I have not given Qantas any ideas for enhancement on the BNE-SIN route :shock: .
Any further downgrading of this service would cause havoc.
 
Send photos from your mobile phone and enjoy them in a stylish High Definition Timber Photo Frame.

The perfect Mother's Day gift. Send photos from your phone directly to your mum's phone!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,422
Messages
2,143,825
Members
54,460
Latest member
moe8555
Top