Chance of an upgrade???

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by cbd089, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. cbd089

cbd089 Newbie

Oct 9, 2005
    I have the "boss of the family" returning from Honolulu this week and was wondering the chances of her scoring a requested upgrade. She flies in on QF4 leaving Honolulu 20/4. Any one with access to seat availbility able to help? BTW she only has bronze status!!!

I'm thinking no chance. :cry:

2. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    I think your correct. Expert Flyer shows this to be a 747 300, two class config and there are no award seats showing at this time. That is not to say that they won't clear on the day of departure, however, with her only having bronze status I think she has more chance of winning lotto.

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It costs nothing to waitlist, so best to get on the list early.

4. Expert Flyer are also indicating J9 D9 which is reasonable news 2 days out from flying.

5. meloz

meloz Member

Sep 25, 2005
    105 Y and 32 J available so a good chance.

Give it a go and let us know.

Meloz

6. cbd089

cbd089 Newbie

Oct 9, 2005
    Well, miracles do happen. She has the upgrade and I'm in the good books. Now if lotto was as easy!! :p

7. Reggie

Reggie Established Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Manchester
    Congratulations cbd089, lets hope all AFFer's upgrade requests come through.

BTW if you do have this Saturdays lotto numbers I hope you share them with us.