Centurion Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfc4eva

Intern
Has anyone used the centurion lounge.Do they look you up on the system if you're a Platinum card holder or do you just show the Card and ID.Reason i ask is im visiting the U.S. and visiting several Centurion lounge airports but my Annual fee is due just before i arrive and i dont really want to pay the $1200 fee again.

Pay the $1200, travel then cancel the card and get the $1200 back? You've got 3 months to get the full refund.

Is this 100% how it works?I called amex and they said it was probably rata so if I cancelled it after say 2 months I'd get 1000 back

Centurion lounges are ok. Just a regular airport lounge, nothing special. So if you effectively end up paying to keep your card in order to get into one, it's up to you to justify.

Centurion lounges are ok. Just a regular airport lounge, nothing special. So if you effectively end up paying to keep your card in order to get into one, it's up to you to justify.
They're nothing amazing. I've been into the NYC, MIA, SFO and LAS ones and they're usually quite crowded, probably due to them allowing regular Amex holders to enter for a fee.
I wouldn't pay the $1200 annual fee again for a few lounge visits. You could just pay to enter and still save $1000, or could probably put that towards J-class flights (and maybe come out on top) for all your legs and get lounge access that way instead?

They're nothing amazing. I've been into the NYC, MIA, SFO and LAS ones and they're usually quite crowded, probably due to them allowing regular Amex holders to enter for a fee.
I wouldn't pay the $1200 annual fee again for a few lounge visits. You could just pay to enter and still save $1000, or could probably put that towards J-class flights (and maybe come out on top) for all your legs and get lounge access that way instead?

Yes that's the one thing that hit me ...... nothing amazing but the internet was fast!

Yes that's the one thing that hit me ...... nothing amazing but the internet was fast!

I'm a huge fan of the Centurion lounges in the USA, especially DFW and MIA. Nice spaces, good F&B and Spa services. I wouldn't pay $1200 a year to access them but as a Charge card perk they are pretty amazing in comparison to the AA clubs.

Currently sitting in the LAS lounge and it is quite nice but is very busy. I would hate to be in here during a busy time of the week. Just had my Charge swiped at entry along with ID.

The 'pod' seating concept is interesting. I would like to see QF/VA adopt it in some areas. Power etc in each bay.

Lunch was quite nice as well.

20161221_123338.jpg

Never bothered about centurion lounges before yet went into the one in LAS last week - nothing different to other lounges - anyone with an amex card can get in so nothing special about it. Food was basic and was crowded, mainly due to anyone getting in. If you think it something really special for black or silver charge cards (which is what I first thought) then you will be dissappointed. would suggest Although bit smaller, I think priority lounge is better in LAS-although this does depend on which terminal you are going out of.

Terry, you have to have a Platinum or Centurion to access. The LAS is probably the smaller with the most basic food offerings but still very good. I have used the DFW and MIA ones quite a few times and they have been excellent and offer far better food and drinks. Nice massage in DFW as well.

I'm a huge fan of the Centurion lounges in the USA, especially DFW and MIA. Nice spaces, good F&B and Spa services. I wouldn't pay $1200 a year to access them but as a Charge card perk they are pretty amazing in comparison to the AA clubs.

Agreed... not worth it just for "lounges"

Recently experienced LAS and MIA Centurion lounges. Had 2 guests with me and they were allowed in. As most have said, LAS lounge wasn't that special but for me an order of magnitude better than AA lounges. About equivalent to QANTAS domestic business lounge I reckon. MIA lounge however was better. Serving coughtails and providing free 15 min massages. The food was also great. Although the lounge was relatively busy though. Of all the lounges I've been into, I think the Centurion lounges were above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back