CENTURION Lounge now open to all Amex Cardholders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might help to list the locations.

[h=4]Where are The Centurion[SUP]SM[/SUP] Lounge locations?[/h] We currently have lounges in the following locations:

• The Las Vegas McCarran International Airport in Concourse D, opposite Gate D1
  • The Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in Terminal D, opposite Gate D17 on the upper level
Check this site for updates as we open new lounges in select cities.

[h=4]What are the hours of The Centurion Lounge?[/h]
  • Las Vegas (LAS): 5:00am – 12:00am
  • Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW): 5:30am – 10:00pm

It will really only help most members of this board at LAS where AA does not have a lounge, and there is only a small Priority Pass lounge.

Members with Qantas Club, QF elite or oneworld elite have access to plenty of alternatives (AA*4, BA*1) at DFW

Is that any Amex plat card or any Amex card at all???

Pity i was at LAS earlier this year and could've done with some lounge time...

no any AMEX cardholder can use it but at the cost of $50. Platinum and Centurion card holders get in free.

FWIW, AA / US are discontinuing Amex based access to their lounges (IIRC from March).

I have been to the DFW lounge twice in the last couple of months and it is really a great lounge, especially by American standards. You would happily pick this over the AA lounge, which was my other option both times. The 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time I went, was a week or so after they opened and they were handing out Loccitane welcome gifts, when I went back a few weeks later they remembered me which was nice.

The food is good, mostly Tex Mex and the drinks are also plentiful. My wife had a gin and tonic and there was a choice of at least 3, possibly 4 different gins to choose from. There was a decent beer selection and coughtail list (all free).

They also had free short spa treatments, which my wife utilised, I think it was either nails, a facial or a massage.

Staff were friendly and happy to oblige any request. All up, I would specifically visit this lounge again if in DFW. Sorry didn’t take any photos when I was there.

As mentioned above, entry is either by Amex Centurion or Platinum charge card, all other Amex card holder can pay $50 to get in.

FWIW, AA / US are discontinuing Amex based access to their lounges (IIRC from March).

Bad news about USairways lounge access. I think you didn't even have to have a ticket with them. I hope AMEX have replacements planned.

Bad news about USairways lounge access. I think you didn't even have to have a ticket with them. I hope AMEX have replacements planned.

Yeah the benefit was quite good as it was 'anytime' access without having to fly US, similar to Marco Polo DM with CX or the old TPP with SQ.

At the moment, AMEX are offering statement credits for the US based clients for up to $200 (I think) for US/AA charges as compensation for the loss of lounge access which suggests to me that they will not be considering a replacement in the short run.

22 March I read. Of course we can still get in on the Marco Polo gold for now.

Any further news on the Centurion lounge front ......❓

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly

Just freshening / bumping this up, as I just found out I was eligible, (and I am sure a lot of others, friends and family, that don't have status may not know either).

Just need one in Melbourne too!

--
Free Lounge access for American Express - Amex card holders at Sydney Terminal 1 (International).

American Express Lounge @ Plaza Premium Sydney / SkyTeam lounge :
06:00 – 23:00, 7 days a week
Located next to Gate 24, Terminal 1 Departures

https://amexnetwork.com.au/GoodGoing/CardMembers

Valid bank issued cards (additional to AMEX cards)

ANZ Frequent Flyer Black American Express Card,
ANZ Rewards Black American Express Card,
Westpac Altitude Black American Express Card,
Westpac Earth Black American Express Card,
Commonwealth Bank Diamond Awards American Express Card.

Just freshening / bumping this up, as I just found out I was eligible, (and I am sure a lot of others, friends and family, that don't have status may not know either).

Just need one in Melbourne too!

--
Free Lounge access for American Express - Amex card holders at Sydney Terminal 1 (International).

American Express Lounge @ Plaza Premium Sydney / SkyTeam lounge :
06:00 – 23:00, 7 days a week
Located next to Gate 24, Terminal 1 Departures

https://amexnetwork.com.au/GoodGoing/CardMembers

Valid bank issued cards (additional to AMEX cards)

ANZ Frequent Flyer Black American Express Card,
ANZ Rewards Black American Express Card,
Westpac Altitude Black American Express Card,
Westpac Earth Black American Express Card,
Commonwealth Bank Diamond Awards American Express Card.

Extensive thread here
http://www.australianfrequentflyer....es/amex-lounge-opening-syd-airport-64760.html

Ditto they need one in Melbourne the only place to live !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back