CBA World Debit Mastercard invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetcam

I logged into my netbank this afternoon and a popup invitation asked of i wanted to register for an upgrade to a World Debit Mastercard. Part of the benefits was accesss to lounges in the Loungekey network. Although i didn't see of this was limited or not. Has anyone else received this?

I received this invitation this morning and decided to pre-register for it. I'll see what happens in August when I actually get it. The travel insurance, complimentary lounge access (although I currently have access to Virgin lounges), no international fees and the guaranteed pricing cover were enough for me to give it a go.

Messaged CBA asking for more info:

“The world debit MasterCard is currently offered to randomly selected customers so we currently don't have any application process for the card. If you haven't received an offer at this time, we may have more rounds of offers in the near future.”

“The features of that card include no international fees and complimentary travel insurance similar to our platinum credit cards. The eligibility is currently just randomly selected customers, there's no info on what it may change to if we bring in an application for the card.”

Will call tomorrow to see if they can upgrade on request (similar to plat debit offer)

Interesting about no international fees. Could make it a good competitor to citibank plus; ING etc.

Saw the same thing this morning when I logged into CBA Netbank. As already mentioned above, the best thing about this card is the free international transaction fee. I've already got a diamond card with CBA thru my mortgage so not really interested in the travel insurance, and the lounge access is also provided from my Amex platinum card.
I don't really like the $10 per month fee, adding that up equals to $120 a year. Which you can gain easily from either Citibank plus or 28 Degrees. Or even Bankwest credit card which charges a fee but also gives you the ability to earn QF points.

Saw the same thing this morning when I logged into CBA Netbank. As already mentioned above, the best thing about this card is the free international transaction fee. I've already got a diamond card with CBA thru my mortgage so not really interested in the travel insurance, and the lounge access is also provided from my Amex platinum card.
I don't really like the $10 per month fee, adding that up equals to $120 a year. Which you can gain easily from either Citibank plus or 28 Degrees. Or even Bankwest credit card which charges a fee but also gives you the ability to earn QF points.

What is the earn rate on this debit card? Is that similar to the BankWest debit card?

Has anyone had luck in receiving the invite for CBA world debit card. I have an upcoming travel to US and it will be quite handy to have something like this.

i received my card and used the lounge passes already. downloaded the Mastercard Airport Experiences which holds the digital passes. Got it scanned at the lounge and was granted access. It was a very easy process for me. It does a transaction hold of USD27 per pass from your mastercard which is reversed a few days after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back