CBA Diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasy86dj

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Yesterday I applied for the CBA Diamond, currently as a Platinum cardholder hopefully I will get the Diamond, I am charging about $4k a month through my card on average (last month was 12k :eek::eek::eek::eek:).

So many people on here think that CBA has bad awards cards compared to other banks but I will see how I go. :)

Yesterday I applied for the CBA Diamond, currently as a Platinum cardholder hopefully I will get the Diamond, I am charging about $4k a month through my card on average (last month was 12k :eek::eek::eek::eek:).

So many people on here think that CBA has bad awards cards compared to other banks but I will see how I go. :)
I'm surprised they did not just offer it to you with that sort of spend.

I am as well - I have had a CBA credit card for years and worked my up the awards levels. I do everything with CBA, but I applied, worse case they knock me back and I wait a few months to reapply or maybe get an offer.

congrats

gives you that buzzing feeling doesnt it

i got mine a couple of months ago,

Ill be honest with you, the awards points entire system is pretty cough,

Mastercard/Visa points are ridiculous hence why i never use it
and the awards points is pretty retarded.

hence i convert all my points to QFF, the only thing I could say is ok, is the Flight centre points, converting them to $1000 gift vouchers

congrats

gives you that buzzing feeling doesnt it

i got mine a couple of months ago,

Ill be honest with you, the awards points entire system is pretty cough,

Mastercard/Visa points are ridiculous hence why i never use it
and the awards points is pretty retarded.

hence i convert all my points to QFF, the only thing I could say is ok, is the Flight centre points, converting them to $1000 gift vouchers

I have everything with the CBA and don't really want to take my business elsewhere :(

The bank offered me the Diamond Amex and Mastercards some time ago and waived the annual charge.

It might be worth asking if they will do the same for you.

The bank offered me the Diamond Amex and Mastercards some time ago and waived the annual charge.

It might be worth asking if they will do the same for you.

Thanks Vinny,

I might look into it if I get approved.

The Amex half of the Diamond Amex/MC combo is fine - 1.5 QFF per $1 and a cap of $333,000 per year.

However the MC half is useless for people interested in QFF points because it only converts at 0.625 QFF per $1 and spend counts against the same cap as the Amex half. The CBA should be able to do at least 1 QFF per $1 for its supposed most elite card. Even a supermarket can do 1 for 1!

For this reason I don't use the Diamond MC and the CBA miss out on that spend. Seems a very penny-wise pound-foolish approach by CBA.

I have everything with the CBA and don't really want to take my business elsewhere
icon_sad.gif

That was me 15 months ago but joining this forum showed me just how bad the CBA rewards earning was (it was even worse before the Diamond came out). As a result I investigated Amex and Citibank and now hold cards from them as well as the Diamond CBA cards. I still do all my non-CC banking with the CBA.

Last edited:
The Amex half of the Diamond Amex/MC combo is fine - 1.5 QFF per $1 and a cap of $333,000 per year.

However the MC half is useless for people interested in QFF points because it only converts at 0.67 QFF per $1 and spend counts against the same cap as the Amex half. The CBA should be able to do at least 1 QFF per $1 for its supposed most elite card. Even a supermarket can do 1 for 1!

For this reason I don't use the Diamond MC and the CBA miss out on that spend. Seems a very penny-wise pound-foolish approach by CBA.

That was me 15 months ago but joining this forum showed me just how bad the CBA rewards earning was (it was even worse before the Diamond came out). As a result I investigated Amex and Citibank and now hold cards from them as well as the Diamond CBA cards. I still do all my non-CC banking with the CBA.

I am thinking of doing a banking overhaul - I have been with the CBA for 20 years now so I guess it's due! What are the income requirements for your Citibank card?

I have a Citibank Citibusiness Gold Visa card. It earns 1.25 QFF per $1 spent with a cap of $250,000 per annum. To the best of my knowledge this is the single best Visa card in terms of QFF earn rate. There is no automatic sweep from citi points to QFF points you have to ring them up and you can only transfer to QFF points in blocks of 10,000. All the info is here:

CitiBusiness Gold - Credit Cards - Citibank Australia - Citibank Australia

I have a Citibank Citibusiness Gold Visa card. It earns 1.25 QFF per $1 spent with a cap of $250,000 per annum. To the best of my knowledge this is the single best Visa card in terms of QFF earn rate. There is no automatic sweep from citi points to QFF points you have to ring them up and you can only transfer to QFF points in blocks of 10,000. All the info is here:

CitiBusiness Gold - Credit Cards - Citibank Australia - Citibank Australia

wow thats pretty good,

im no expert but this is how I think I can get the best use out of my cards

use my amex diamond card to get 1.5QFF points per $1 spent wherever i can

and where they dont accept amex, i will use my citibank platinum which is $1 per 1 QFF point

not sure why a gold card earns 1.25QFF points, but im happy with my set up,

so yes, CBA MC/VISA is terrible at 0.625 QFF Points per $

if they decide to reduce the amex points ratio, I will cancel my 2 cards, and 2 bank accounts with them on the spot,

and ive been a customer of them for 15 years

It is odd that the Citibusiness Gold has a higher QFF earn rate than Citi's Platinum and Select CCs but I am not complaining. I suspect the reason is because it being a "business" card Citi charges an even higher merchant fee for this card and so can afford to hand out more QFF points but I have never had it declined or specially surcharged.

The disadvantage of the Citibusiness Gold used to be that it had a mere $64,000 cap after which you earned no points but they recently increased it to $250,000.

I used to have a Citi Plat card but I dropped it in favour of the Citibusiness Gold.

I spent about 7k per month CBA plat, they did not offer me free upgrade. Instead, a friend of mine got the free upgrade and he does not spend much and still below the minimum credit limit for diamond.

I spent about 7k per month CBA plat, they did not offer me free upgrade. Instead, a friend of mine got the free upgrade and he does not spend much and still below the minimum credit limit for diamond.
Just out of interest, what is the minimum credit limit of the card?

Just out of interest, what is the minimum credit limit of the card?

I've got a Card Migration request form sitting in front of me.

It states minimum credit limit for Diamond is $18,000, Platinum $6,000, and Gold $2,500.

I took up the Diamond offer when it first came out and they waived the fee for the first year which is pretty good. I'm based in Sydney and probably spend around 5-6K a month on my cards and to be quite frank about 90% of my spend goes through the AMEX. More and more places seem to be accepting the card now with no fee's. I did do a bit of a trip through central NSW a couple of weeks ago and hardly anyone accepted Amex, much different in the bush!!!

I did also take up the Citibank Platinum offer with 50K bonus points (through the Qantas site) so now use their Visa for any places that don't take Amex as the one to one QFF points is good for a non Amex. I did it for the bonus points but actually like the card. There's 4 of our local and regular restaurants (plenty of others to choose from) in their Dining program so love getting a free bottle of wine whenever we eat, something we do about once a week. The wines are quite good and more than make up for the $199 annual fee. The only regret is that having opted into QFF they don't also give me the 4 points per dollar spend when I do dine at these places. What I actually do is show them my Citibank card to get the free bottle of wine and then when paying use my Diamond Amex. Together with the 3 points per dollar spend for them being QFF restaurants means I am getting 4.5 QFF points per dollar spend which is not a bad return. I don't even mind leaving a tip!!!

I have never used the Diamond Mastercard and probably never will unless they do make the points earn competitive

I took up the Diamond offer when it first came out and they waived the fee for the first year which is pretty good. I'm based in Sydney and probably spend around 5-6K a month on my cards and to be quite frank about 90% of my spend goes through the AMEX. More and more places seem to be accepting the card now with no fee's. I did do a bit of a trip through central NSW a couple of weeks ago and hardly anyone accepted Amex, much different in the bush!!!

I did also take up the Citibank Platinum offer with 50K bonus points (through the Qantas site) so now use their Visa for any places that don't take Amex as the one to one QFF points is good for a non Amex. I did it for the bonus points but actually like the card. There's 4 of our local and regular restaurants (plenty of others to choose from) in their Dining program so love getting a free bottle of wine whenever we eat, something we do about once a week. The wines are quite good and more than make up for the $199 annual fee. The only regret is that having opted into QFF they don't also give me the 4 points per dollar spend when I do dine at these places. What I actually do is show them my Citibank card to get the free bottle of wine and then when paying use my Diamond Amex. Together with the 3 points per dollar spend for them being QFF restaurants means I am getting 4.5 QFF points per dollar spend which is not a bad return. I don't even mind leaving a tip!!!

I have never used the Diamond Mastercard and probably never will unless they do make the points earn competitive

So many people on here love Citibank and NAB, I am going to see what I can do to get the annual fee lowered to the same level as my platinum.

I have had tons of problems with non city places taking AMEX but I don't ventru out of the city that much anymore, pretty much the only time now is when I drive from Melbourne to Sydney and they take AMEX at the service stations.

It would be great if AMEX could be accepted more but as a merchant I understand why it's not as widly accepted then it's Mastercard and Visa rivals.

I am conditionally approved so I assume that they just have to verify my pay slips ect that I sent through and voila!

About people loving Citibank: what I for one love are the generous QFF earn rates on their cards. Their customer service is however often woeful. I put up with the latter for benefits of the former.

About people loving Citibank: what I for one love are the generous QFF earn rates on their cards. Their customer service is however often woeful. I put up with the latter for benefits of the former.

For every pro there is a con right? I was going to change my banking to Citibank but I lived out in Blue Mountains, NSW and there were no branches nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back