Cathay Pacific to stop FF changing after check in

FWIW, I booked a flight on CX earlier today and added my QFF number during booking. However, I then added it to my CX account which deleted it.

As I've never flown CX with a CX number attached, I couldn't change it on the Cathay site, and the CSRs on the cesspit formerly known as Twitter said 'no can do'.

However, I could do it through BA's MMB (it may have been because there's an IB flight in the mix), but at any rate, give BA a go if you need to add your number.
 
FWIW, I booked a flight on CX earlier today and added my QFF number during booking. However, I then added it to my CX account which deleted it.

As I've never flown CX with a CX number attached, I couldn't change it on the Cathay site, and the CSRs on the cesspit formerly known as Twitter said 'no can do'.

However, I could do it through BA's MMB (it may have been because there's an IB flight in the mix), but at any rate, give BA a go if you need to add your number.
Thanks for the BA tip!! It worked for me too (though again, I also had an IB flight in the mix which may have been why it worked....)
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

So, I am about to fly Cathay soon and this was my experience.

- During booking, I entered my Cathay number so that I could get the 24-hour free cancellation.
- Post-booking, after my trip was confirmed, I was able to change it to QFF online and select my preferred seats as OWE.
- Cathay members can check in 48 hours in advance. If I go to the usual MMB page to change my Frequent Flyer number, it wouldn't let me do it. But, I was able to log in with my Cathay number, then go to my trips and add the booking reference. This forced the FF number back to Cathay and let me check in at T-48 (Got Sec: 1 as well ;))
- After that, I was able to switch back to Qantas again and get my boarding passes updated.

Not sure if you need to change to the booking to a Cathay number for T-48 check-in if you're also OWE. I've flown CX multiple times this year, including earlier this week, and was able to check-in at T-48 as OWE. 🙂
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back
Top