Cathay HKG lounges - bending the rules

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by aus_flyer, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I am looking at flying Melbourne to Hong Kong with QF, and then HKG to Shanghai with Dragonair.

Normally, this would not give me access to CX lounges because I don't have "an ONWARD flight, etc" - given that I have OW emerald, do you think CX might allow access given that I already flown with a OW airline that day?

I know QF usually allow you access if you've at least flown with QF already that day. But, not sure how willing CX are to bend the rules...

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Don't think it will work.

However, what do you have to lose if you try? The worst you will get is a "Sorry, the lounge is full" (or a similar story).

Turn around, walk away and then just wander around the airport...

3. bfmi

bfmi Intern

Feb 8, 2006
    No access to CX lounge but as you have QF Platinum you'll have access to QF club. You might be really lucky and DragonAir will depart from a gate just below QF lounge.

bfmi